• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Congrats on the grade bump! Very nice book! Did Stan use a worn out sharpie?

:D Kinda looks like it doesn't it? That was one of the first things I noticed.

Very nice; it didn't look like it deserved a 5.5 the first time around. Congrats!

Journey into Mystery #88. deslabbed 7.5 I decided to ebay got a 8.0 ow :cloud9:

What's with 2 JIM 88's 7.5's selling on ebay for $900 and $945. :screwy:

Also a couple RAW books, JIM 95 7.5 (bought from Harley as a 7.0) and JIM 103 7.0 (bought at SDCC as a 7.0). ow/w and ow

Think I'm gonna divert them tomorrow from CGC to comiclink for the April auction.

Edited by Battle

I debated about doing it for quite a while, but I finally decided to submit my AF #15 to Sean McLoughlin at NYComics to have it signed by Stan Lee. I thought it would raise the value of the book more than the total cost of signing and reslabbing plus it would just look a hell of a lot better with the mostly yellow label. So I cracked it out of its original slab, sent it in to Sean and it just came back today.

What originally was this:

AmazingFantasy15CGC55Restored.jpg

Just came back as this: :whee:

AmazingFantasy15CGC65RestoredModerateProfessional.jpg

I always felt that it was too harshly graded the first time around so I was hoping for a slight grade bump after the signing. But I was very happy with it going all the way up to a 6.5! And it changed from an EP (Extensive Professional) to an MP (Moderate Professional) to boot! :grin:

winning!!!

A board member was looking for high-grade examples of these books, and asked if I would submit them to CGC before buying them.

I said 9.6, and CGC disagreed. Should I start a Comics General thread?

:(

Batman_Pred1_3.jpg

I think someone is going to be disappointed.

A board member was looking for high-grade examples of these books, and asked if I would submit them to CGC before buying them.

I said 9.6, and CGC disagreed. Should I start a Comics General thread?

:(

Batman_Pred1_3.jpg

I think someone is going to be disappointed.

Gee Nick...why did you lie to the guy? Ya just can't trust anyone these days!! :sumo::grin:

Here is a copy that I had for 20 years that I finally got slabbed. I bought it, restored, from Mr Slobodian -- it looks just great!

Maybe if I get Stan to sign it, it will come back a Moderate 7.0 !

0176134_005.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan