• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Just got these 4 back. Very happy with the grades.

P1070010.jpg

P1070007.jpg

P1070008.jpg

P1070009.jpg

:o

:applause:

(worship)

I think my shipment from CGC accidentally got shipped to your house. Please return it right away. Thank you.

This debunks my theory about WAY stricter grading from CGC these days, because every one of these did as good or better than I thought they would do.

I only have the DD 1 pegged as a 7.0 and I only had the Hulk1 pegged as a 4.5 at the best.

Woo hoo for me!

My understanding is that they have been more lenient on the mid grades but tougher on the ultra high grade 9.4+

I had posted the Hulk 1 on the "spare a grade" thread and the highest you guys gave me was a 4.0 with most of you giving me a 3.5.

So there.

Was the book pressed before being sent off? If so did the scans in the thread show it before or after pressing?

This debunks my theory about WAY stricter grading from CGC these days, because every one of these did as good or better than I thought they would do.

I only have the DD 1 pegged as a 7.0 and I only had the Hulk1 pegged as a 4.5 at the best.

Woo hoo for me!

My understanding is that they have been more lenient on the mid grades but tougher on the ultra high grade 9.4+

I had posted the Hulk 1 on the "spare a grade" thread and the highest you guys gave me was a 4.0 with most of you giving me a 3.5.

So there.

Was the book pressed before being sent off? If so did the scans in the thread show it before or after pressing?

Good point. The photos I shared on the thread were prepress. BUT, I'm really not sure the pressing changed much on this comic. I had it pressed because..... it just seems like you need to do that these days, on the off chance you gain a half grade. I personally graded it as a 4.0 when I held it in my hands.

Just got a few scans today. For the most part I'm pretty happy with them. Was hoping for a 3.0 on the PL and a 2.0 on the RSG though. And had no idea that the Underworld was a plod. That's what I get for buying raw on ebay years ago. I'll probably be selling a few of these as soon as the books are in hand. Who knows when that will be.

PhantomLady17cgc2_5crmow.jpg

ThrillingCrimeCases49cgc6_0crmow.jpg

had this one pegged at an 8.0 at least...

SSS6cgc7_0oww.jpg

CrimeReporter2cgc7_0oww.jpg

CBW54cgc8_0oww.jpg

RSScgc1_5ow.jpg

BlueBeetle54cgc5_0crmow.jpg

BrendaStarr4cgc4_5crmow.jpg

TrueCrimeComics2cgc5_5crmowB.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Top Census... Tied with one other copy at 8.5 but the other copy isn't a ped.[/font] :banana:

TrueCrime3cgc8_5crmow.jpg

Like mentioned before I think they were hard on this one. I thought it was a lock for 9.6.

GLGAcgc9_4oww.jpg

And this was the biggest disappointment of the group. :tonofbricks: oh well.

UnderworldCrime7cgc5_0.jpg

Edited by Twistty1