• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider Man #361 9.8

Incredible Hulk #340 9.8

Amazing Spider Man #700 9.8 Ditko Variant

Saga #1 9.6

Invincible #1 9.6

Theif of Theives #1 9.6

and my two Walking Dead 9.8's with black and white labels.

The funny thing is that I thought the 3 image books would be 9.8's and that the #700 would be a 9.6. Oh well , I'm still happy

IMAG3709.jpg

IMAG3702.jpg

IMAG3698.jpg

IMAG3710.jpg

IMAG3711.jpg

IMAG3712.jpg

IMAG3696.jpg

IMAG3697.jpg

One thing I noticed that was strange was a mark on the Hulk 340 right above wolvie's ear that wasn't there before. It looks like a small pencil mark and is definitely on the cover itself and not the plastic...

IMAG3701.jpg

I have no idea how this happened, it almost looks like a little star drawn in pencil. I mean I'm still happy it's a 9.8 but this just boggles my mind. Any ideas?

Edited by Ccmp99

One thing I noticed that was strange was a mark on the Hulk 340 right above wolvie's ear that wasn't there before. It looks like a small pencil mark and is definitely on the cover itself and not the plastic...

IMAG3701.jpg

I have no idea how this happened, it almost looks like a little star drawn in pencil. I mean I'm still happy it's a 9.8 but this just boggles my mind. Any ideas?

People have a bad habit of holding a pen or pencil in between their fingers while opening and grading comics so that they could write down the grade and notes as they went, or maybe even when just talking inventory. Upon occasion the pen/pencil point is going to make contact with a comic, normally right on the front cover somewhere leaving a little mark.

I've learned to have nothing in my hands while grading or scanning except the comic. Once the comic is safely back in the bag I then pick up my pen and write down my notations.

IMAG3701.jpg

People have a bad habit of holding a pen or pencil in between their fingers while opening and grading comics so that they could write down the grade and notes as they went, or maybe even when just talking inventory. Upon occasion the pen/pencil point is going to make contact with a comic, normally right on the front cover somewhere leaving a little mark.

I've learned to have nothing in my hands while grading or scanning except the comic. Once the comic is safely back in the bag I then pick up my pen and write down my notations.

Thanks for the input, I still find it hard to believe that a grader at cgc could be so careless. I still have my grader notes from this book from before I submitted it and I am positive that mark was not there. I doubt that I would have even submitted it with a pencil mark on the cover. I know I still got the grade I expected but I feel that this pencil mark effects the value of my book. Honestly, I'm pretty frustrated and upset.

Edited by Ccmp99

Incredible Hulk #340 9.8

IMAG3701.jpg

:gossip: It's actually a secret code that the CGC graders use to communicate with aliens.

I never read it before, is it good? Love the cover.

Finally got a few boxes back from CGC. Here are a few of the Copper/Moderns that I got back... :banana:

8727311526_8f46839443_b.jpg

Love me some Nam! I remember chasing this book when I was young. I couldn't find it anywhere. At the time, all I could find and buy was the 2nd print.

IMAG3701.jpg

Thanks for the input, I still find it hard to believe that a grader at cgc could be so careless. I still have my grader notes from this book from before I submitted it and I am positive that mark was not there. I doubt that I would have even submitted it with a pencil mark on the cover. I know I still got the grade I expected but I feel that this pencil mark effects the value of my book. Honestly, I'm pretty frustrated and upset.

No pre-submission raw scan?

No, and that's my fault. I can see now why that's important. I can also see how it wouldn't help my argument if I called or complained to CGC. If I did have raw pics of the book I would have called them yesterday.

Edited by Ccmp99

I never read it before, is it good? Love the cover.

Finally got a few boxes back from CGC. Here are a few of the Copper/Moderns that I got back... :banana:

8727311526_8f46839443_b.jpg

Love me some Nam! I remember chasing this book when I was young. I couldn't find it anywhere. At the time, all I could find and buy was the 2nd print.

I enjoyed the series, and not told from just one side which was different.

I have been looking for a nice cheap copy to sub as well.

Looks really good encapsulated - great book Aggiez