• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,968 posts in this topic

Some pics ;)

dd30026.jpg

greenlantern83008.jpg

supergirl1015.jpg

supes216107.jpg

swampy3033.jpg

ww199043.jpg

First I would like to dedicate this looong quote to Paratrooper (thumbs u here's to you.

Second, you got some nice books there.

Some pics ;)

dd30026.jpg

greenlantern83008.jpg

supergirl1015.jpg

supes216107.jpg

swampy3033.jpg

ww199043.jpg

First I would like to dedicate this looong quote to Paratrooper (thumbs u here's to you.

:acclaim:

A Marvel - this one is my son's. I helped him pick it out at the Baltimore show a couple of years ago. I thought this one had a strong chance at an 8.5/9.0, but sometimes you get the bear...

wwbn32cgcddj3.jpg

... and sometimes the bear gets you!

Now this one isn't as bad as you might think: Bought it with the resto disclosed on the boards, so no worries there, but I must've missed a tear or something (haven't called for grader's notes yet) on the inside, as I had this pegged at an 8.5 for sure, maybe a 9.0 on a good day. I do feel bad, though, as this one is my son's copy, too. He loves the Black Panther... so back to searching for a little bit nicer copy.

ff52cgcdpb3.jpg

One of my junky DC's.

Upper left corner crunch destroyed this one. My guess was a 9.0 or 9.2, as the rest of the book is outstanding. This one was an experiment to see how much the ULC damage would be downgraded... lesson learned!

hom180cgcdss6.jpg

One of my favorite Marvel books. A very small tear on the back cover knocked it down. Pretty decent centering for this book, though & I'm happy with it. Bought it a million years ago from Ron at Redbeard's Bookden.

avengers93cgcdct5.jpg

I bought this one from Andy (October) here on the boards awhile back. He graded it at 9.4 - 9.6 & he was right on! This is probably the most common Adams Avengers book in high grade, but I love the cover... Thanks Andy!

avengers96cgcdfp0.jpg

The last DC of the batch. I had made this one available on the boards awhile ago as a raw copy, but amazingly no one even made an offer! I wasn't planning to build a Neal Adams Bats run at the time, but this one now fits in nicely with what I've got, so it's a keeper! Another favorite cover...

batman243cgcdbm7.jpg

Another fave Avengers cover of mine. Bought this one from Bill (blue808) on the boards & I love the book - decent centering & excellent page quality!

avengers97cgcdmb0.jpg

Sweet books Jeff!! This one was undergraded. :makepoint:

And - the last one in the batch: ASM 45. Puchased this one from Brian (FoolKiller) on the boards a year or two ago sight unseen & I'm glad I did - it's as nice as he said it would be (plus it's the rare 2-cent variant)! Thanks, Brian! Two more issues to go & then I'll have completed from 39-160 in 9.0 or better.

asm45cgcdxn3.jpg

That's it for this go-around!

Another fave Avengers cover of mine. Bought this one from Bill (blue808) on the boards & I love the book - decent centering & excellent page quality!

avengers97cgcdmb0.jpg

Sweet books Jeff!! This one was undergraded. :makepoint:

I agree, sir!!!! But I'm still very, very happy with the book!

Some pics ;)

dd30026.jpg

greenlantern83008.jpg

supergirl1015.jpg

supes216107.jpg

swampy3033.jpg

ww199043.jpg

Thanks!

:acclaim: