• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple westerns...

15 posts in this topic

Finally took some time flipping through some recent acquisitions, and was again pleasantly surprised by just how nice the westerns are that I got from silverandbronze...

Here are two from the stack, not the best two, just two with covers I like. Nice and cheesy! The 118 has an edge ding to the right of the horse's head, but it looks much worse on the scan that it does in person. Good luck to anyone trying to put a high grade run together of these books. I've been picking them up for a few years now and these are just plain tough...

rk118.jpg

rk111.jpg

Yeah, those bags were pretty ugly...

The whole time I was getting them in Mylar I kept calling the wife over to look at them. She made it through a dozen of them before telling me where to go. Books have gotta be pretty nice for her to make it through three of them, much less a dozen. smile.gif

These will probably never make it to CGC, because if I ever put them in a slab I'll be tempted to sell. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, those bags were pretty ugly...

The whole time I was getting them in Mylar I kept calling the wife over to look at them. She made it through a dozen of them before telling me where to go. Books have gotta be pretty nice for her to make it through three of them, much less a dozen. smile.gif

These will probably never make it to CGC, because if I ever put them in a slab I'll be tempted to sell. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif There's demand for these books. A local store had a NM run of the 20 cent Rawhide Kids but I didn't want to spend $20 Canuck bucks a shot for 20 issues. Unfortunately, someone else didn't! 893frustrated.gif But...I did get all the Marvel Wyatt Earps! thumbsup2.gif

I assume you mean someone else "did"... tongue.gif

It's hard for me to get excited about common stuff anymore... especially if I know I will have to turn around and sell it to make a customer's day... Hard-to-find stuff like this is better than Free Prime Rib Buffet night at the strip club. smile.gif

It's hard for me to get excited about common stuff anymore... especially if I know I will have to turn around and sell it to make a customer's day... Hard-to-find stuff like this is better than Free Prime Rib Buffet night at the strip club. smile.gif

confused.gif And people wonder why I collect the humour, romance, and westerns! Just picked up some sweet 20 cent issues of Falling in Love! crazy.gif One of them have an inter-racial cover but no redhead wearing green! 893frustrated.gif

confused.gif And people wonder why I collect the humour, romance, and westerns! Just picked up some sweet 20 cent issues of Falling in Love! crazy.gif One of them have an inter-racial cover but no redhead wearing green! 893frustrated.gif

Someday... Someday, you'll be a real boy... thumbsup2.gif

Someday... Someday, you'll be a real boy...
So...does one of them actually exist as described? insane.gif

I actually can't remember...

A few years back, I went through a high grade run of them as part of a collection I was bidding on from a collector in San Angelo. I drove out there twice to haggle with him on the collection. Didn't wind up making the buy, we ended up about 2K and 30 days apart (He wanted 5 months and 24, I was offering 6 months and 22). It's been a while, but I am almost positive there was such a book in the run... I'm kinda glad I didn't make the buy, as I had two better collections fall into my lap shortly thereafter, but neither one had romances... frown.gif

It's possible my demented mind is combining two covers together... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's possible my demented mind is combining two covers together...
That will be my next goal! To find that cover! 893frustrated.gif

You mean after you find my DC Special Series 1 right? 893naughty-thumb.gif

It's possible my demented mind is combining two covers together...
That will be my next goal! To find that cover! 893frustrated.gif

You mean after you find my DC Special Series 1 right? 893naughty-thumb.gif

mad.gif Damn thick book is a killer for the bindery corners! confused-smiley-013.gif