• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great INFINITY GAUNTLET page on Ebay!

17 posts in this topic

Great all-out action page between Wolverine and Thanos. Some of Ron Lim's best work ever. Bidding starts at $9.99 with no reserve:

http://qurls.com?i=33269

Good luck!

Looks like a keeper.... (thumbs u

Oh wait you're selling? :o Bid placed :applause:

Great all-out action page between Wolverine and Thanos. Some of Ron Lim's best work ever. Bidding starts at $9.99 with no reserve:

http://qurls.com?i=33269

Good luck!

Looks like a keeper.... (thumbs u

Oh wait you're selling? :o Bid placed :applause:

Thanks! Didn't really want to sell it, but I figure this will go for enough to get me a certain DARK KNIGHT page... :insane:

:jokealert:

I don't love staining, but it won't keep me from getting a piece I like. I've got art with staining, that's been trimmed, lots of white-out, etc. It certainly isn't perfect, but since there's only one of any art, I can live with it.

As for this piece in particular, all I can say is that to the naked eye, the art is a lot cleaner looking than what you see in the digital pic which has somehow amplified the flaws. Also, something like this can be easily fixed by a trained conservationist. Regardless, I think the winner will be pleasantly surprised:)

I really like it but the staining is a little too much for me. Do most people ignore stuff like that?

I little staining doesn't bug me at all. You have to find a page that has excessive amounts of white out before people even begin to have an issue. Throw on top of the fact that this page is Silver Age sized instead of modern sized and from a series that people covet and you've got a non issue.

Actually, until you posted I did not even notice any staining. It's got so much great imagery my eyes went to the art.

C

3 hours to go,and already over 1,100 dollars! Very impressive for an IG page from the Lim issues! Granted, not much better than Wolvie going berzerk on Thanos!

Congrats on the (record) sale, Felix!

3 hours to go,and already over 1,100 dollars! Very impressive for an IG page from the Lim issues! Granted, not much better than Wolvie going berzerk on Thanos!

Congrats on the (record) sale, Felix!

Now over $2k with a couple hours left....that's approaching cover money from Lim's Surfer run...WOW!

Woo Hoo FLU...

C

Actually Felix I have to say I was surprised by the price (in a good way for you) considering that Lim is not considered IMO to be a classic renderer of Wolvie. It is a cool image tough, so :juggle:

Congrats on the sale

(thumbs u

Thanks, Jason! I believe this has less to do with Ron Lim drawing Wolverine than it being a memorable page from a series that has strong nostalgic value for a lot of comic readers. As those readers are now reaching their collecting prime, we'll start seeing a lot of the key 90's stuff start picking up steam. I think Hari mentioned not too long ago that INFINITY GAUNTLET (and especially Lim) would start seeing big jumps. I guess this would be evidence of that.

Well considering a lot of the early 90s art was :sick: I agree that this may indeed be one of the better examples out there. I have been looking for a Lim Surfer piece for about 6 months, in that time I have noticed 2 trends; one that the posted prices have gone up, and two that they have not been selling. I guess we will have to wait and see which way this cookie crumbles.

:juggle:

Yeah, kinda slim pickings so far as the 90's go :P

I've seen a lot of Lim SS panel pages, but the truly nice covers/splashes don't show up very often. If I see anything, I'll pass it along your way. In the meantime, good luck with your search! (thumbs u