• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC08 Expectations and Questions

13 posts in this topic

The last two years at NYCC have been very interesting to say the least. Although I wasn't there for Year 1, I head stories of Fire Dept. Calls and over-booking of tickets. Year Two was only organized slight better. I was running around like a chicken without a head. I ended up meeting a man named Art-something who drew Stan Lee's Mr. Marvel portrait. My question:

What are you looking forward to most this year? What is your NYCC TO-DO LIST? :)

My answer: CGC SS my own books for a change (instead of buy them?) and pick up some sweet OA splash pages. :)

-Issa

Indeed Saturday is craaazy. Last year's Saturday was insaaaane. If you left outside of a rope ring area to go the ATM you had to wait on line to get back in.

Indeed Saturday is craaazy. Last year's Saturday was insaaaane. If you left outside of a rope ring area to go the ATM you had to wait on line to get back in.

Saturdays line was incredible, at least me and my friends got to bypass the line... lol

Not sure if I will be attending this year or not... hm

I just heard a funny story from a friend of mine. One year at NYCC, Neal Adams forgot his pass on his desk and they wouldn't let him back in. :-P

....and last year, I walked out of the rest room at the same time as George Perez. (I had not heard of him prior to the convention). As he's walking out of bathroom and down a long corridot, people start whispering his name, "omg, omg George Perez!" ...and to me he seemed just like a regular guy. :shrug:

-Issa