• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Ewhert Scandal?

134 posts in this topic

I just read the very informative thread and I want to give thanks to two main guys who took time out of their lives to summarize the whole story in great detail with their commentary, it was done very professionally.

My thoughts:

1) I am not saying Tom Brulato is quilty be association, but it still raisies questions to me on how someone could have a heathly and on-going money making partner with someone but have no idea on how much shady business he was doing. I just don't know.......

2) Did Mark Sch. ever sent and email or public statement saying he did not sell Jason the FF3? and I am assuming it proven that Jason Ewert won the FF 3 of Heritage auctions.

3) and I would like to say that I do trust CGC and would not be back in the hobby if it was not for them. They had made collecting fun and rewarding again, however it kind of ercks me, when Steve B. says that they going to regrade the suspected books for free as a favor to the CGC commuity...really BULL S@@@, I know the only reason he did that was to reassure the crediability of CGC process. Off course its their responsbility to do that unless he wanted the people to think the CGC group can be outsmarted by amatuer restro.

**AGAIN I FULLY TRUST IN CGC and off course know that CGC can't be perfect, and hopefully this kind of BS would happen again on this large of scale with dealers who we thought we could trust!**

John

I am of the opinion that there was nothing "amatuer" about the trimming, but what do I know. I am just a hick from Tennessee. ;)

BTW... A good phrase to know is, "Don't borrow trouble." :shy:

I am just feel that whether the work was professional or amateur Restoration that Steve B. and CGC don’t want the comic community feeling that they can be out smarted by people like Jason Ewert and people like him. Also that the CGC slaps means what it says!