• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When did you join eBay? (Current active accounts only)

Ebay Join Date  

780 members have voted

1. 1. Ebay Join Date

183 posts in this topic

Wow.

I'm in the huge 1999 class.

That's when I first got on-line too.

Took me only a few days to find the comics for sale on this thing called eBay.

Holy Sheet!

The internet lived up to the hype! ^^

July 28, 2001

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=thedames&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS

I like these new seller categories. I have some people saying I charge too much for shipping when I have lost money on every package and the postage is on the box. I always undercharge because I don't believe in making money on shipping. Then on Communication, I always email a buyer indicating when I will ship, and then after that, once it has shipped with the delivery confirm/insurance info. Yet not even 5 stars across the board there either....what do they want?

I'm finding the same

i charge actual cost for shipping, no charge for packaging, ship the same day I get paypal, by a fast method, and I have 4.6/5 for postage ....

By the way, my 1st transaction was with Terry Hoknes. Does anyone know what happened to Terry? He was good buddies with Doug Sulipa and did his website. He had a ton of esoteric comics and magazines and then kind of dropped off the face of the earth, at least as far as comics were concerned. Any of you Canucks still keep in touch with Terry?

I don't know what happened to Terry, but I bought a lot of books off him back in the day...he was real big into the off-beat BA DC's (any non-superhero). He sort of fell off the radar, and "did his website" is fairly liberal of you, Doug's website is a mess. Terry actually had his own website, and it was pretty similar... :(

By the way, my 1st transaction was with Terry Hoknes. Does anyone know what happened to Terry? He was good buddies with Doug Sulipa and did his website. He had a ton of esoteric comics and magazines and then kind of dropped off the face of the earth, at least as far as comics were concerned. Any of you Canucks still keep in touch with Terry?

I don't know what happened to Terry, but I bought a lot of books off him back in the day...he was real big into the off-beat BA DC's (any non-superhero). He sort of fell off the radar, and "did his website" is fairly liberal of you, Doug's website is a mess. Terry actually had his own website, and it was pretty similar... :(

lol You are right, but he definitely "did it." Best books I ever got from Terry were some nice Skywald romance books. Eat your heart out Loey.

Member since Feb-07-99 in United States

Lifetime Summary: Positives:151 Negatives:1 Positive Feedback:99.3%

My only negative came the day sincerecmx imploded and left negatives to all 37 current buyers the same day. But luckily they had already shipped out to me all the Doom Patrols I had won.

March 23 2001. Should've joined earlier, but I imagine that in those pre-Broadband days the site would've been pretty slow to navigate....unless you were wise enough to shell out for an expensive fast connection. Great deals in that anti-deluvian era.