• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOTOR CITY CON this weekend

8 posts in this topic

Not a bad little show this weekend in Detroit, decent turn out.

Picked up some stuff for myself, a nice copy of Avengers Annual 7 for Starlin to sign when he's in town, a full-size Keown smart Hulk statue, a couple of mini-busts for $20 each, an Essential Spidey vol. 5 for my nephew for $6. Plus a great Cap/Sersi AWC splash by Byrne/Ryan and two Paul Ryan Avengers pages.

Kurt Busiek WAS there, sounds like there was a communication problem, but he said he did hear from MCC at the last minute and he was able to come to the show. However, Darick Robertson, David Mack and Ron Garney weren't there.

Response to our show flyers was very positive as I handed them out to everyone in line on Saturday morning. And I left a big stack at the door which I replenished a couple of times. People are really excited about the guest list. Artists who got our flyer were very positive, and we've lined up some more interest in our next big show, which will likely be in mid-June 2004.

Lots of interest from people who say they will probably make the four hour drive up to Toronto for at least one-day of the three. It was also great to see a lot of Toronto-and-area fans and collectors made the trip down to Motor City to check things out.

On the flip side of things, HS had their first one-day show yesterday, did anyone go? Reports I have were that it was small (about a dozen dealers - only one or two from TO itself - most from Ottawa and Montreal), but with an ok turnout because of all the free passes they gave out.

Kev

Yep, Kurt was there! He said it was definitely last minute, and MCC made an offer he couldn't refuse. He was very gracious and nice to talk with. thumbsup2.gif

Hey Kev - were you the one that I asked if you had an Avengers #82? If so, sorry for not saying hello - I actually did not put 2 and 2 together with Paradise Comics and your name. Oh well...

The convention was OK, and really crowded on Saturday. I picked up a few reader copies I was looking for, some supplies, and Kurt's autograph on Avengers Vol 3 #1 and JLA/Avengers #1 (now I have to find Perez). Nothing really great in high grade that I was hunting for. Did see lots of ASM CGC stuff and Golden Age.

I hope I am not the only one who wonders how Graham Crackers can ask the prices they ask 893naughty-thumb.gif

- Dave

Hey Dave,

I don't remember anyone asking about an Avengers 82, so you must have spoken with Doug or maybe Peter.

As for GC... I looked... then I moved on. On the other hand, I got some great cheap bronze age books from Chris Foss at Heroes and Dragons at some very reasonable prices.

Kev