• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Are Nike shoes the next thing to get slabbed?

64 posts in this topic

Why is anyone even collecting freakin tennis shoes anyway? :screwy:

As opposed to stuff worth collecting...... like 70 year old paper products with little 4 color images on them, many of which are starting to fall apart from age.

I'm sure some people appreciate the artistic interpretation of tennis shoes but other than they were on someones smelly feet what else is there?

About the same as collecting a coin, a stamp that was licked by somebody else or tea pots. Yes my gf collects tea pots. Hopeless. We are doomed as a nation.

Did it ever occur to you that the people that collect these Jordan shoes watched him play as young-ins with excitement (obsession even) and now have the time and $$ to buy things that remind them of their childhood? Now where have I come across this phenomena?

R.

I`m pretty amazed that on a comic collecting chat board there are people who are struggling to understand the concept of collecting and paying large amounts of money for items that no one else would care about.

Not really surprising when there are comic collectors that belittle what fellow comic collectors collect.
:sorry:

Anyone that collects pink covered DC's is an exception to the rule and a glutton for punishment.

Why is anyone even collecting freakin tennis shoes anyway? :screwy:

As opposed to stuff worth collecting...... like 70 year old paper products with little 4 color images on them, many of which are starting to fall apart from age.

I'm sure some people appreciate the artistic interpretation of tennis shoes but other than they were on someones smelly feet what else is there?

About the same as collecting a coin, a stamp that was licked by somebody else or tea pots. Yes my gf collects tea pots. Hopeless. We are doomed as a nation.

Did it ever occur to you that the people that collect these Jordan shoes watched him play as young-ins with excitement (obsession even) and now have the time and $$ to buy things that remind them of their childhood? Now where have I come across this phenomena?

R.

I`m pretty amazed that on a comic collecting chat board there are people who are struggling to understand the concept of collecting and paying large amounts of money for items that no one else would care about.

Thank you for validating my post. Imagine someone spending $200,000 on a throw away paper product that will be dust in a few years.

:headbang:

Not really surprising when there are comic collectors that belittle what fellow comic collectors collect.

Especially since Jordan Nike shoes have a much bigger upside than current inflated priced "funny books".

I can see our kids telling us "why didn't you stock pile Air Jordans/video games/etc.' instead of these worthless plastic POS's Dad???" :frustrated:

These look much better in person...
I see your poker books. Where do you hide the comics?

hm

So, where are they? (shrug)

hm

:gossip: in the shoebox

Negative, too small.

hm

In comic boxes? :whatev:

Except 5 of them :popcorn:

So, that's how you hide your books.

Yep!

Thanks for ruining my sequential pics. doh!

Should have hosted it on Vendio and posted all the pics in one of the post.