• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restoration anyone?

5 posts in this topic

The seller starts off saying the comic is a beautiful near mint comic. Then he says it's been graded near mint minus. Finally at the bottom he adds that it's CGC graded 9.0. The whole time never once mentioning it's restored. I guess he's hoping some newbie will come along and bid high.

Yep. It ended at over $100. 2002 OSGuide in NM 9.4 has it listed at $95. I emailed the winner to let him know the book was restored. He only had an 8 feedback from unique users, but about 45 purchases (of the ones I checked, all were comics, and only the Action #288 was graded), so I figured he must just be getting back into the hobby. Does anyone think that this is ok? Or should emails only go to scammers letting them know you are onto them?

I told the guy that the book he bought was restored and you could tell by the PLOD in the picture. Told him that seller should have mentioned that in auction, and that restored books go for fractions of what a universal book goes for. Then I told him "I'm not telling you what to do. If you don;t care, sorry for wasting your time. Just trying to look out for fellow collectors."

Opinions?

Chris

...an absolute Corker!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That's a term we used to throw around during our mid-twenties when we would go on a tear on Saturday nights, hawking for honies!

You won't see many of this age in this sort of Nick.

Don't you hate in when people throw around people's names when you've never even met them.. smirk.gif