• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone 1

36 posts in this topic

Last graded 8.0 went for $260 in January, but a 9.2 sold for $315 in December, so go figure. Raw values would be much less than CGC books, so you would have a range maybe around $150-175 for a raw 8.0. :shrug:

Those sales in November and December should be stricken from the record. Everyone who won those 9.0 & 9.2 Bone #1 auctions in that time frame got the deals of the century. The seller made a HUGE mistake by lumping those auctions together and in retrospect I wish I had bid more on those things. A belated congrats to gern and 1st for those great pick-ups!

If you put at least VF in a raw Bone #1 auction, no matter how small the picture is, it will get at least $150. The one that went for $200 recently didn't surprise me at all, even with the crappy image. The older TMNT #1 ('84 I think) with a similar print run has nearly quadruple the amount of CGC submissions. Is someone sitting on a huge stack of these?

Last graded 8.0 went for $260 in January, but a 9.2 sold for $315 in December, so go figure. Raw values would be much less than CGC books, so you would have a range maybe around $150-175 for a raw 8.0. :shrug:

Those sales in November and December should be stricken from the record. Everyone who won those 9.0 & 9.2 Bone #1 auctions in that time frame got the deals of the century. The seller made a HUGE mistake by lumping those auctions together and in retrospect I wish I had bid more on those things. A belated congrats to gern and 1st for those great pick-ups!

If you put at least VF in a raw Bone #1 auction, no matter how small the picture is, it will get at least $150. The one that went for $200 recently didn't surprise me at all, even with the crappy image. The older TMNT #1 ('84 I think) with a similar print run has nearly quadruple the amount of CGC submissions. Is someone sitting on a huge stack of these?

I got one of the 9.2s in December and was ready to bid on a second, but the auction was pulled. I had a much higher bid in and was surprised at the final price. I wish a 9.4 was up at the time. December is not a good month for comics because everyone is shopping for presents.

Thanks for the props.

You're talking about Thorn: Tales from the Lantern, right?

(The link you quoted doesn't work - try this one instead:

http://www.comicscommunity.com/boards/jeffsmith/?frames=n;read=17007&expand=1 )

Afaik, there was one volume printed (the later strips have yet to be collected into volumes), and the last one I saw sold for $550.

You just got a great deal on the 9.2. The 9.0 would probably go for the same price now. All those auctions by rolo40 really threw off the curve. I think he has been cleared out now though, except for those Bone 1 (7th Printing) books.

A belated congrats to gern and 1st for those great pick-ups!

Thanks. I actually won a 9.0 first then threw in a thrill bid on a 9.2 and ended up winning it for less than the 9.0 doh! ...december comic shopping :cloud9:

Yeah, I saw that. Even an ultra-rare, high demand comic like this has to have auctions well spread out. I felt really sorry for the seller. He lives in the same city as me so I met him locally to pick up my wins. He owned about 90% of all Bone comics in the census at one time and unfortunately decided to sell them all in a span of two months. I think he really got screwed when he sold the complete, HG set. That dude at the top of the registry got the best deal of all. :frustrated:

Let me know if you ever want to get rid of the 9.0.

Yeah, rolo40 has gotten reamed on his Bone auctions (and still is, with the last books that he currently has on ebay). It's sad, because he's a real nice guy - I had been looking for a VF/NM raw #4 for a while, so I after I saw his auctions, I emailed him & asked whether he had one. He was at that point selling a slabbed #4 9.0 on ebay, but I didn't want to pay a premium for the slab itself.

He ended up sending me a stack of raw Bone's (including 3 copies of #4), and told me that I could grab one of the #4's for free (!!), and that I could also upgrade any of my copies with nicer ones from his stack, if I was so inclined. And he never charged me a dime for this.