• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Cards for the A.C.S. auction.

14 posts in this topic

Here are a series of 5 sketch cards that I've donated to the American Cancer Society' auction that

will be on display along with other artists at Comics 2 Games in Kentucky, on March 8th. They will be on Ebay after that. I don't know the dates for Ebay.

My father died of Cancer, as did his brother, and my sister has Ovarian Cancer, so this

is a personal contribution from me, to a worthy cause; and some fine people.

They will go on auction shortly after.

2315478717_5cbe15cfb8_o.jpg

2315471141_21232fa6f3_o.jpg

2315469955_1780011aa2_o.jpg

2316280574_49a886f163_o.jpg

2315483029_af68f2e390_o.jpg

Just thought I'd post the Ebay link to these sketch cards on Ebay: the

colors seen on this page are the true colors on the sketch cards.

This horrible disease is claiming too many people, some of which I was

honored to know.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Comics-2-Games_bennett-pisek_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZComicsQ202Q20GamesQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ306045QQsofpZ0

Just to let people know who were watching and bidding on the sketch cards - the auction has been pulled by Ebay because they thought shilling was happening.

Comics2games in currently disputing this, and hopefully the auctions will be back up and

running. Please stand-by for the auctions returning to Ebay. Thank you.

Keep us updated... I think I had the high bid on the pencil Spidey (very McFarlane-esque).

Will do. (thumbs u

It turns out that people at the sketch card show event at Comics2Games, used the computer of

the person organizing the charity to place their bids with their individual Ebay accounts.

But because the same computer was used (same IP address) Ebay considered those bids

shills.

So until Ebay believes the folks at Comics2Games were not shilling, all those auctions that

were yanked, will not be auctioned from Comics2Games. It's a shame this happened.

My fingers are crossed.

Well, I won the one by Aston R Cover and I've been lazy and haven't paid for it yet and no they haven't contacted me about anything yet.

This whole sketch card thing is new to me. I was hoping to win yours, did it not end up selling?

Well, I won the one by Aston R Cover and I've been lazy and haven't paid for it yet and no they haven't contacted me about anything yet.

This whole sketch card thing is new to me. I was hoping to win yours, did it not end up selling?

Mine, along with the other remaining artist' who donated sketch cards didn't sell

because Ebay shut their auctions down, claiming they shilled their auctions.

It may be some time before that whole matter gets cleared up.

It still amazes me that there are sketch cards that sell for huge amounts of money

on Ebay. I would rather get a large original piece of artwork, but I also wouldn't

turn down those huge bids if I were selling. :)

Sweet! Definitely a few nice ones on there. I just wish he put some info about each of the artists up, you know? I sent a message though, so hopefully I'll hear back from him before the auctions close.