• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Books Can it go on forever. Hope so.?

74 posts in this topic

Thanks Beyonder. I too am concerned with censorship.

I value what Bruce has to say given his industry expertise but apparently I not going to be able to get him to alk about the state of the comics industry re: value of the average graded comics. Given what some of the guys on this forum have invested in CGC comics I can now assume this is not a popular topic.

27_laughing.gif. I think you misunderstand. It's TOO popular a topic. It's not censorship, people are sick of hearing about it and discussing it.

It's like walking into the middle of a bar where the topic for the last five hours has been a heated debate about the relative merits of Bill Parcells and Don Shula as football coaches. Punches have been thrown and the cops have been called. Then you walk into the middle of the room and say "how 'bout them cowboys!"

In fact, two people (Delekkerste and BronzeBruce) who have steered you away from the topic have both posted volumes on the subject (in the case of Delekkerste- it was his raison raison d'être on these boards for a while.)

Is that to say that from this day forward..... untill the end of time..... this topic will be met with such a swift reaction from the masses? What would be the proper amount of time to have passed so that this disgussion or any other for that matter to be disgussed again?

My interest in this disgussion is just that.... with any topic on this boad, how long is each one taboo?

>893crossfingers-thumb.gif please stop now...

all this is covered in the threads he's been directed too< 893frustrated.gifstooges.gif

Hey Bruce,

When did you become the THREAD MARSHAL? confused.gif

1st you tell people that they shouldn't post KUDOS anywhere but the thread you started.......now you're giving me a hard time for responding to someone's post?

I didn't know you had joined the THOUGHT POLICE ....... frown.gif

Man, why is everyone being so ultra sensitive lately?

In Bruce's defense(and my own) I started the "Kudos to Kudos" thread only because I think we should try to keep all the Kudos on one thread so that it remains permanently in the Marketplace, and newbies can see all the great transactions that take place here, and who they can trust etc....

As for this thread, it's not censorship, but how many times can we have this same debate? People end up getting riled up, and there's not much more to say that hasn't already been said.

Thes are all just suggestions. If you want to talk about investing until you're blue in the face, go ahead, but some people WILL get nausiated. If you want others opinions, just check all the past threads, and you'll get them all in their full, uncensored glory.

As for this thread, it's not censorship, but how many times can we have this same debate? People end up getting riled up, and there's not much more to say that hasn't already been said.

EXACTLY. Why do we need to say exactly what we've already said on this topic, yet ONE MORE TIME? Gene has marked a couple threads for this person to review. What more do you need? This has been discussed to death, check the old threads for the info. No use having everyone say the exact same thing over and over again.

If people are too lazy to check, here's a summary:

"I think the market is going to crash, b/c prices are too high or there's too many speculators or it looks too much like 1992"

"I don't think it's going to crash, however, I could see some corrections in the future."

"I think the market is strong and will continue to stay strong because now people can get an accurately graded book, or comic books have become more liquid"

Now just insert people disagreeing and you have the just of the conversation.

Brian

Is that to say that from this day forward..... untill the end of time..... this topic will be met with such a swift reaction from the masses? What would be the proper amount of time to have passed so that this disgussion or any other for that matter to be disgussed again?

My interest in this disgussion is just that.... with any topic on this boad, how long is each one taboo?

At this point, I think this particular topic is forever tainted. That doesn't mean it won't be discussed- it seems to me like threads break out every couple of weeks when conditions are right. It's just that there will probably always be some hostility that bubbles up to the surface when the topic is touched upon and individuals will attempt to steer the conversation down another road.

Thanks Beyonder. I too am concerned with censorship.

I value what Bruce has to say given his industry expertise but apparently I not going to be able to get him to alk about the state of the comics industry re: value of the average graded comics. Given what some of the guys on this forum have invested in CGC comics I can now assume this is not a popular topic.

Joseph... some of those threads have my opinions (proabably a few times)

I just don't feel like rehashing it... that's all. They all usually turn into big fights too. I thought we touched on the topic on the phone anyway?.. maybe not.

Beyonder.. you're right I didn't need to post at all since Gene gave Joe a good reference point. You seem to have missed the tone/intent of my post judging from the CAP/bolded smirk.gif text in your replies. I'm not interested in pursuing a worthless disagreement with you since you've misunderstood me and I'll leave you to discuss away.

G... Must you instigate? If you're not involved in a disagreement you want to help start one for entertainment value. You're probably only one cross word away from a serious smack-down from one of the Shuleys... so try restraint, or maybe rent one of those ultimate fighting championship tapes if you need a "battle-fix". 27_laughing.gif

No offense/censorship intended to any... Go for it. Just seems that maybe something new happening in regards to the topic would be needed to provide some fresh points of view? but I could be wrong... Have fun

CGC Books have peaked? What Now?

Yellowstone is steaming, and if geothernal preponderance is correct, we may all need an ice pick to get to our stacks of comics.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

but on a lighter note, at least we can look forward to CGC'd mags. An area virtually left untouched by the demigods, hysteria mongers, and crash & burn sentimentalists. devil.gif

He's more than welcome to add to one of those threads Gene pointed to then. If I were him I wouldn't expect many replies though.

Brian

Frankly, you're all being a bunch of a-holes.

Let the guy start a thread for Christ's sake. If you don't want to talk about it, then by all means, avert your eyes.

Jduran, they're all scared. You're talking to people who have WAY overspent on graded books over the last couple years and now that the fad is wearing off... well, it's the "morning after" effect. You wake up and you wonder (with great alarm and no small amount of fuzzy-headed confusion):

"Holy [!@#%^&^]. What the hell was I thinking last night??" tonofbricks.gif

Yes, that's exactly why. We've all way overspent on CGC books, so in order to forget about it.. We come to the CGC forum and discuss pretty much exclusively CGC'd books. Once again, astounding deduction MK.. very very brilliant.

Brian

You can't have enough Hulk #181 threads in my opinion.... 27_laughing.gif

What's the problem here anyway? Gene pointed the guy to multiple threads that will more than answer the guy's question. If he wants to post his thoughts there or even in this thread then so be it. He hasn't....yet some think it's censorship if you point an answer to someone? Or someone says that the question is tired and doesn't want to participate?

It's either getting really boring in here or some of you really need to get away from these boards and get some fresh air......

Jim