• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Books Can it go on forever. Hope so.?

74 posts in this topic

What about CGC'ing the writers and artists. insane.gif

Wow! Although I question the wisdom of putting your favorite artist and writers in these airtight containers. Also I feel that the grade will be innaccurate due to the fast deterioration of the individuals and to their soiling of their own containers from within. stooges.gif

Yes, that's exactly why. We've all way overspent on CGC books, so in order to forget about it.. We come to the CGC forum and discuss pretty much exclusively CGC'd books. Once again, astounding deduction MK.. very very brilliant.

Brian

You know, Bri-Bri, there were approximately 249,533 holes in my semi-facetious statement... yet you went that way. Interesting.

But whatever, you're still the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who paid hyper-inflated prices for books that will never realize those sick prices outside of their now-fading "fad value." I understand your bitterness and I understand that you come here because you love the stimulating conversation. Well, you love to try to stifle the stimulating conversation by instructing others what they can post on, but whatever. It's all the same, right?

(The answer is "no", Brian.)

Zzzz. You love to hear yourself talk don't you? I'd carry on this conversation but I wouldn't want to take away from your "listening to myself talk" time.

Oh and stop stifling this "stimulating" conversation occuring regarding the topic of this thread. Thanks

Brian

Hey instead of 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gifon this post let's here what has propelled this hobby or collecting what we all agree is a art form which has lasted for 70+ years with or without CGC graded books. thumbsup2.gif

Well yes, but...

I t only really became somewhat profitable to those who dealt in it's wares around the late 70's.......

And only really exploded CGC-wise since 2001...roughly.

JC has pointed out the weakness of the hobby numerous times..........and while 30-sometings that harken back to the Frank Miller days of DD, or Paul smith of X-Men, or Simonson of Thor will be able to continue to put money into the comic collecting hobby until they have grandkids, at some point it will lose momentum and trail off like a comet. Unless the industry does something to get new readership...like "e-comics".....or perhaps weekly "e-comic" episodes that can be emaiiled weekly with full motion animation via flash or soemthing......

Otherwise stick a fork in it for 15 years down the line. Unless The US goes through an economic mecca similar to 1996-1999...Which won't happen. 893frustrated.gif

and while 30-sometings that harken back to the Frank Miller days of DD, or Paul smith of X-Men, or Simonson of Thor will be able to continue to put money into the comic collecting hobby until they have grandkids, at some point it will lose momentum and trail off like a comet. Unless the industry does something to get new readership...like "e-comics".....or perhaps weekly "e-comic" episodes that can be emaiiled weekly with full motion animation via flash or soemthing......

It all started going to hell when they stopped distributing through minute-shops and similiar outlets. of course I think and act lie an old fart so I'm probly wrong.

I remember kids in grammar school who snorted that powder and the sugr stix thinking they were cool 27_laughing.gif

Pop-rocks were the ultimate kid's nose-candy...if you survived snorting that you had a rep for life.... sumo.gif

Zzzz. You love to hear yourself talk don't you? I'd carry on this conversation but I wouldn't want to take away from your "listening to myself talk" time.

Oh and stop stifling this "stimulating" conversation occuring regarding the topic of this thread. Thanks

Brian

I am processing the application for your surrender as we speak. I'll have my secretary get back to you as soon as it goes through.