• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super-Con 2008 - San Jose, CA May 17/18

46 posts in this topic

As we have done the past few years, we will be taking advance commission requests for many of our overseas guests. No requirement that you pick the commissions up at the show -- they can be mailed. This year, we will be bringing in Sanjulian, Esteban Maroto, Juan Giminez, Alfonzo Azpiri and Jordi Bernet. Each of these gentlemen will be at both Super-Con (May 17/18 in San Jose, California) and Emerald City Con (May 10/11 in Seattle, Washington).

Currently, I am taking requests for Esteban Maroto and Sanjulian. The specifics:

Maroto: Pencil pieces are $700; oil paintings are $2,600. Prices for both Maroto and Sanjulian are net prices so, while Paypal is fine, any fees would need to be paid as well. I hope to post some examples of his work to a Super-Con CAF gallery later today.

Sanjulian: Pencil pieces are $500; oil paintings are $3,100. While open, Sanjulian does have a number of commissions in the queue so these might be delivered after the shows.

More info on the others as I receive it.

For more information, please contact me at smorger-at-comcast.net.

For more information on the show, go to www.super-con.com.

Best, Steve Morger.

I just finished the blue lines for the inking panel at Super-Con (May 17/18 in San Jose, CA). Last year we featured Frank Cho pencils. This year we have three separate pencil pieces which will be inked by a number of highly talented creators. Pencil pieces are by Adam Hughes, Michael Golden and Ernie Chan.

So far, artists who have committed to ink one or more of the pieces include: Frank Cho (the Hughes pencil), Mike Bair, Buzz, Ernie Chan, Tony DeZuniga, Alex Nino, Bill Morrison, Tim Vigil, Danny Bulanadi, Ray Lago (fully painted), Tex (fully painted), Mike Mayhew, John Painz, Michael Golden, Paul Smith, Joe Rubinstein, Russ Heath, Steve Leialoha, Tom Yeates, Brent Anderson and Mick Gray. Pretty sure we'll have a number of others joining in as time goes on. Almost all of the above will be guests at Super-Con and the finished pieces will be offered in our auction. No need to be present to bid but you'll be missing out if you aren't there. I can't promise that people who aren't at the show will get the opportunity to see everything that will be offered. Things get too hectic close to the show. There will also be other pieces available at the auction as well. (If anyone of the pros out there want to take a crack at any of the pieces, let me know offline.) I will post the pencils and finished pieces as I receive them in my CAF gallery.

Check out our website at www.super-con.com. We also will have a nice selection of media guests including Jorge Garcia (Hurley from "Lost").

We will also have the premiere of Frank Cho's new short movie.

Feel free to e-mail offline if you have any questions. Best, Steve Morger.

:grin: I went last year, it was my first con since I got back into collecting. I had a blast and I am looking forward to it again this year. Anyone have any suggestions on GA dealers that may be at the show? I am just starting to get into that area of collecting and I would like to make a few trustworthy contacts. Thanks.

Mine too. I went last year and bought a ton of books. This year I am probably going to buy fewer books but the ones I do pick up are going to be a bit more expensive. I am trying to finally finish off my Bronze age X-men run and then on to the silver X-men and hopefully I can pick up a few golden age books. :insane:

What day do you plan on being there? I am going to be there only on Saturday. We plan on being there early and not staying more than 4 hours or so I guess :( my wife wants us to go shopping in Gilroy on the way back home. Oh well. We all have to make sacrifices.

Yeah, we went there for the first time a few months ago and my wife found the Coach outlet, now my comic budget has been slashed by $300.00 for the weekend so she can get another new purse. Seriously who spends that kind of money on a purse when there are all those great comics out there to be bought? (shrug)

i was going to bring my x-men #1 for grading but i have no money to spend on that. have to pay off some payments on another comic first. other than that no.

i am bringing:

Amazing spiderman #50,122,176

batman #23

daredevil #4

four color #7

action #67

origin #1 (wolverine's origin)

fantastic four #22

crisis on infinite earths #7

flash gordon #1

80 page giant #1

plus some moderns

Well I would need to see it but I am interested. :grin: Want to meet up at the con? If I remember from last year they had a snack bar or sorts in the back on the right hand side if you are looking in from the entrance...