• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Goldenage book do you regret selling and why ?

73 posts in this topic

I knew you looked familiar..

1547-59506.jpg

That is exactly what I thought of when I saw the pic. lol

there is a resemblence

I was never that thin, and I don't have the mustache anymore.

whew, thank goodness for that....

A nice Action 1 to Bill Hughes, because it's nine years later and I still haven't been completely F-g paid.

holy cow, now that is what I call "time" payments doh!

I regret selling my action 1-100 run....however, this was pre cgc and pre resto, so now I wonder how many books I bought had undisclosed resto (not a one was purchased as "restored" back then)... and, to make it worse, the 1-14 were from an OO never touched type collection, so I know they were "safe"

I regret selling my action 1-100 run....however, this was pre cgc and pre resto, so now I wonder how many books I bought had undisclosed resto (not a one was purchased as "restored" back then)... and, to make it worse, the 1-14 were from an OO never touched type collection, so I know they were "safe"

That must have been a great day when you first came across the OO collection. :cloud9: Do you think you'll ever go for an Action run again?

That must have been a great day when you first came across the OO collection. :cloud9: Do you think you'll ever go for an Action run again?

strangely enough, it was my local comic shop in WPB that got them in (a run of tec 27-40, AA 16-25, batman 1-15, superman 1-12 or so, etc)...

I had just completed the silver age at that point (marvel and dc, superhero titles only) and the store owner called me into his office (the tecs and bats were already earmarked for another customer)...and handed me the action 1 and asked if I was ready to "graduate" from SA to GA....have never intentionally bought another silver age book since (this was 1990/1)

and yes, I am going to buy some issues of action , but not the whole run (1,2,3,7, 10, 13, 15 are my "target")

strangely enough, it was my local comic shop in WPB that got them in (a run of tec 27-40, AA 16-25, batman 1-15, superman 1-12 or so, etc)...

I had just completed the silver age at that point (marvel and dc, superhero titles only) and the store owner called me into his office (the tecs and bats were already earmarked for another customer)...and handed me the action 1 and asked if I was ready to "graduate" from SA to GA....have never intentionally bought another silver age book since (this was 1990/1)

and yes, I am going to buy some issues of action , but not the whole run (1,2,3,7, 10, 13, 15 are my "target")

You should consider going for 1-10. But if you don't, I would suggest adding one or more of the following: 5 is the issue in which they finally got the superman formula down. Classic story formed the model for its success for decades to come. Also the first time Lois says she loves superman and the first time they kiss. 6 is a classic story about superman merchandising and it's the first appearance of Jimmy Olsen. 9 is the first time lois tells Clark she loves superman (and strangely enough clark then acts -- privately -- like he had no idea, even though his alter ego'd already heard this four issues earlier)

A long time ago... Red Raven 1 and Captain America 74.

Just goes to show you it takes all kinds. I could just as easily put my Red Raven #1 in the thread about books I don't regret selling. Never had much interest in the book and it was tough as nails trying to find a buyer. Carted that thing from show to show.

But you know what? There was an initial fondness. The Red Raven arrived the same day as Subby #1 and Human Torch #1, so we were very happy that day, and enjoyed goofing around with the books

I think Bill needs to start a "Cool kick comic book photos I have" thread (thumbs u

Bill, you have got the greatest photos!

Thanks bro. There are plenty more where that came from. We used to document all the good times back then.

Here is a shot of the case I was leaning on in the other picture. This picture is from a few months later.

storecase-1.jpg

You should consider going for 1-10. But if you don't, I would suggest adding one or more of the following: 5 is the issue in which they finally got the superman formula down. Classic story formed the model for its success for decades to come. Also the first time Lois says she loves superman and the first time they kiss. 6 is a classic story about superman merchandising and it's the first appearance of Jimmy Olsen. 9 is the first time lois tells Clark she loves superman (and strangely enough clark then acts -- privately -- like he had no idea, even though his alter ego'd already heard this four issues earlier)

Action # 6 = COOL GORILLA COVER :cloud9: .GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u