• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Goldenage book do you regret selling and why ?

73 posts in this topic

For me it was the Church copy of Green Hornet # 1..CGC blue label 9.2 off wht pages. Won it from Heritage and actually sold it at a loss to help finance a much bigger purchase that got me the money back...Still, Ive always regreted it. Mile High keys have gone to Pluto price wise and they are just untouchable now.and also , it was the only time I ever had a better copy than Dave Anderson of any issue. That my friends as you know is a real feat in itself !

For me it was the Church copy of Green Hornet # 1..CGC blue label 9.2 off wht pages. Won it from Heritage and actually sold it at a loss to help finance a much bigger purchase that got me the money back...Still, Ive always regreted it. Mile High keys have gone to Pluto price wise and they are just untouchable now.and also , it was the only time I ever had a better copy than Dave Anderson of any issue. That my friends as you know is a real feat in itself !

1. Action 1 (twice). I won't be able to purchase another copy in all likelihood.

2. 9.4 or better Startling 49. At the time I sold the book, I foolishly thought I would find another one some day. Even if I could find one now, I couldn't afford it.

I'll ponder some more, and regret them all over again :(

Anothee one is Famous Funnies Seies 1 [not the golfer cover!] In V.F...

A gerber 10 and the best copy too!

This was the 1st modern comicbook [[1933 and on]] ever sold.

That was a once in a lifetime book. The sale went to help finance my 1st home.

Honestly, I have never regretted selling anything. The few books I have sold have been when I upgraded or consolidated my collection to higher grades. So far, I've avoided ever selling anything that I saw as irreplaceable and I try hard never to put myself in a position where I'd have to. It's a tough balance, though: my only major regrets have all been when I was too conservative and didn't jump at a rare opportunity when I should have.

Except for [[the dentist]] we all eventually sell.

Why "except"? He's sold undercopies and traded/sold his best copies -- Whiz 1 is now Geppi's isn't it? There are very, very few who've never sold.

The only golden age book I regret selling is a Catman Comics 31 to Josh at Comiclink right as CGC was getting started. The book was really sharp and ended up grading at 9.0 with off-white to white pages.

Ken

I actually regret every book I have had to sell, because when I purchase a comic, my intention is generally to get to keep...but, life happens anyway