• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FREE COMICS to Knoxville TN area forum members

30 posts in this topic

nerd = heinlein99

nerd with more than one interest- pirate

Smile when you say that, pardner.

Is this convention going to be held in the convention center where AdventureCon used to take place, around in back of that shopping center on Clinton Highway?

That would sound funny if it didn't sound so sad.

Uh, it's actually accurate...but it's better than it sounds. :grin:

lol That was just the best way I knew to describe it.

- Untrustworthy Todd

:whistle: Hey Leroy if I bring my nephew along would you give him $25 in comics as well? He is only 16 and not much into comics but he likes to go to shows with me and look around, some free books might get him interested. :baiting:

Yes, and I am, um, bringing my... nephew as well. He looks just like me except he will be wearing a fake moustache and speaks in a cartoony Russian accent. Could you give him a bunch of free comics also?

I also think many other family members will show, all of whom look very much like me except wearing a variety of wigs, disguises, etc. :whistle:

You guys in the area should really go. I've been doing Ray Mozingo's shows for years in Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh and Hickory NC. Knoxville is just a little too far to go unfortunately.

You can find about anything at these shows. Toys, sports cards, non-sport cards(both new and vintage) and of course comics.

You may go and find nothing or you may find a treasure. You just never know what's going to turn up.

I found three Whitman bags at a Charlotte show a few years ago in a dollar box of comics. Made a handsome profit selling those on ebay.

Found a big stack of GA Batmans back in the early 90s at a very good price.

They are a lot of fun.

AND if Leroy is giving away $25 worth of comics ...just gives you even more of a reason to go. (thumbs u

:whistle: Hey Leroy if I bring my nephew along would you give him $25 in comics as well? He is only 16 and not much into comics but he likes to go to shows with me and look around, some free books might get him interested. :baiting:

Sorry, but I'm keeping it to forum members. Now you would be a swell Uncle if you gave him your $25 in freebie comics.

I was all set to come Leroy but with the severe weather forecast for tennessee and Kentucky and what happened in Atlanta yesterday, I"m staying off the interstate. Maybe next time.

I met Leroy (lhcomics) there and he totally ripped me off on a couple of books.

Ha! Just kidding. He made me a great deal on a handful of books and turned out to be a perfect gentleman.

(When he wasn't glued to some stupid ballgame on tv... :baiting: )

so did anyone go? How was it?

:whistle: Just got back not really a very good show for comics only a few sellers and nothing much that I was interested in, but I did see Leroy and he gave me a real nice Giant-Size Spider-Man #1 for my $25 in free comics very nice guy. (thumbs u (thumbs u

All I got was about 20 $1 comics from one guy and one $3 comic from another guy. :) After I left the Show I hit a few Knoxville area Comic Shops and found a few 35 cent variants though. :cloud9: