• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which book would you choose?

69 posts in this topic

I'm going to go against the grain.

I can't see hosted pics and the scans that count emailed me are not very clean on my POS moniter but I would say that the white pager may be a better book.

2 reasons.

1) White pages. Always a plus. Especially as books get older.

2) The chipping accounts for the reason the book grades a 5.0, that means that otherwise the book may be stronger at the staples, centerfold etc.

The 5.0 ow/w seems to have more wear to bring the book down to the 5.0 grade so not as an appealing copy over all.

That is what my eyes see. You need to choose what looks better to you.

R.

Keep in mind that this is a fairly plentiful book and you should be able to find one at any time in most grades so biding your time for the right book or right price is to your advantage.

R.

Before I saw the scans I would have said the OW/W copy without marvel chipping. But after seeing the scans I'd have to go with the White copy....just looks so much better overall.

And Count....congrats on your 2000th post!

Mike

Does CGC downgrade for Marvel chipping?

Every piece that is missing causes a drop in grade. The grade depends on how much is missing.

R.

After seeing the scans I would say the White pager. The colors on it are much nicer than the ow-w copy. (thumbs u

Plus who doesn't love Marvel chipping :luhv: ......oh wait everybody doh!

...I would still go with the White pager. Just a better looking copy 2c

Before I saw the scans I would have said the OW/W copy without marvel chipping. But after seeing the scans I'd have to go with the White copy....just looks so much better overall.

And Count....congrats on your 2000th post!

Mike

lol 2000+ now :banana:

Thx (thumbs u

Every piece that is missing causes a drop in grade. The grade depends on how much is missing.

R.

Ah. So no deduction for pre-Marvel chipping?

There is, again depends on how much. I've seen a 9.6 with tiny pre chipping and an 8.0 with tearing (but no pieces missing) all the way around.

Judgment call based on size/quantity.

(shrug)

R.

R.

There is, again depends on how much. I've seen a 9.6 with tiny pre chipping and an 8.0 with tearing (but no pieces missing) all the way around.

(shrug)

R.

Thanks for the 411. ;)

R.

(shrug)

R.

I saw a 9.8 with it

The book w/ WP looks much cleaner.Even the back cover has more color to it.But that chipping doesn't do it for me.If I had to pick one and only one I would have to go with the OW.Either way this is an excellent choice to have.But why not hold off ,save your $$ and get one you want for sure down the road??Who knows you might even come across a higher grade.