• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting to CGC thru Collector's Society

6 posts in this topic

One big reason I joined the Collector's Society (without having researched it much) was the 10% discount on submissions to CGC. Now I realize by submitting them through someone else I can get at least 20% discount. For example, PGC Mint.

Why would I submit my comics to CGC through the Collector's Society?

Is there any advantage to this "direct submission" as opposed to the "indirect submission."

I'm not even sure I understand the concept, that I'm submitting *through* someone. I mean, CGC gets my comics, grades my comics, and I pay for it, why would it be "through" someone? If I fill out the form at PGC Mint, for example, (or Mile High, or Pacific or whatever) but I'm mailing to CGC and I'm paying CGC, then what did PGC Mint really have to do with the transaction?

How can they offer a 20% discount (without me paying a fee to join like the Collector's Society)? Do they recieve monies from CGC for people who submitted comics through *their* site?

I'm just a bit confused. I want the best value for my money, and it almost seems I joined the Collector's Society, largely to get a discount that's half the discount I can get elsewhere..

Charlie

One big reason I joined the Collector's Society (without having researched it much) was the 10% discount on submissions to CGC. Now I realize by submitting them through someone else I can get at least 20% discount. For example, PGC Mint.

Why would I submit my comics to CGC through the Collector's Society?

Is there any advantage to this "direct submission" as opposed to the "indirect submission."

I'm not even sure I understand the concept, that I'm submitting *through* someone. I mean, CGC gets my comics, grades my comics, and I pay for it, why would it be "through" someone? If I fill out the form at PGC Mint, for example, (or Mile High, or Pacific or whatever) but I'm mailing to CGC and I'm paying CGC, then what did PGC Mint really have to do with the transaction?

How can they offer a 20% discount (without me paying a fee to join like the Collector's Society)? Do they receive monies from CGC for people who submitted comics through *their* site?

I'm just a bit confused. I want the best value for my money, and it almost seems I joined the Collector's Society, largely to get a discount that's half the discount I can get elsewhere..

Charlie

ro.jpg

Charlie,....you ask a lot of questions,....especially for someone from New Jersey,..........

It probably works something like this:

Normally CGC would have to pay to advertise on a comic website.

Comic Website:

"We will let you have a link at our site but instead of paying us, just give customers who use our link to get a Submission Form Receipt a 20% discount."

CGC:

"Sounds like a plan. We get more exposer without having to spend any up front advertising money!"

Comic Website:

"Yeah... And we get more hits and sales from people surfing our site checking out the CGC thing"

893blahblah.gifjuggle.gifpopcorn.gif

You can also submit through my web-site at www.n8kcomics.com and receive the full 20% discount at no membership or hidden fees. The reason probably that Mark at PCG Mint and ourselves give the full 20% is both 'goodwill' and to promote our business and web-sites. I can absolutely guarantee that neither of us receive any renummeration for books submitted through our sites. CGC give us each a 20% discount and we both pass the full amount to the prospective submitter.

Neil MacMillan n8k classic comics