• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name change and belated introduction

51 posts in this topic

I've been here 6 months and I'm fast approaching post 1000, so I thought it was time to say hello :hi:

First though, to avoid confusion, I should explain that I've changed my name from Hellblazer to CopperComics, the reason being that my fave title is Hellblazer and when I do a forum search for it all I find are my own posts! Another good reason is that 'Hellblazer' is a rubbish name anyway. It's all Clive Barker's fault, but I digress. CopperComics is my ebay selling account, so it makes sense to consolidate identities :)

Still reading? I warn you, I'm gonna write a load of carp here!

Ancient History

I started collecting comics in the early 80s. I think the first US comic I picked up was Power Pack :sick: Well, I was young and I thought it was cool! Secret Wars 2 soon had me picking up every Marvel going (clever things these crossovers) and I was hooked for the next 10 years.

Recent History

About 10 months ago I found out I was going to be a dad. Thoughts of financial strain prompted me to announce to my girlfriend I was going to ebay off my old comic collection! It started out OK, but inevitably the handling of those old comics, each one brimming with nostalgia, soon had me buying more than I was selling :grin:

I'll keep this short as I'm already feeling nauseatingly self-indulgent posting this. I'm going to follow up with a few pics of my rather random collection. I always like seeing other people's collections so maybe you guys will be amused to see mine (shrug)

SA Spideys

For reasons of limited storage space and funds, I've set myself some very well defined and restrictive collecting goals for the foreseeable future. One of those is Spidey 1-100, raw and low grade!

I'm working on it:

SAasms.jpg

I always like to be different, so when I decided I needed a registry set to work on, I picked one that nobody else is competing for :grin: Surely one of the most pointless registry sets around, but I don't care. Loads of great covers on my all-time favourite title.

hellblazerCGCs.jpg

Thanks to AlexH for my favourite piece so far, the Bradstreet SS'd #200 (thumbs u

2000AD

Where it all started of course was 2000AD. For 9p Earth money every week I grew up on the likes of Brian Bolland, Alan Moore, Kevin O'Neill, Simon Bisley, Massimo Bellardinelli, Mike McMahon, Ian Gibson, etc etc etc.

Yet another of my highly restrictive, well defined collecting goals is progs 1-100. I have most of them, but love to upgrade.

2000ad123.jpg

Cool stuff CC and great to know you.

Thanks!

One more pic (or pics). I also love the OA! Lord knows I can't afford it, but that leads me on to another of my characteristics: I spend beyond my means :grin:

I've placed another of my oh-so-effective limits on my buying for OA, which is to only buy Hellblazer pieces.

From Hellblazer #6 (John Ridgway)

Hellblazer6pg4-5.jpg

Opening splash from #8

Hellblazer8pg4.jpg

DPS from #13 (Richard Piers-Rayner)

hellblazer13p2and3.jpg

I have a few more. Working on getting at least one example of every Hellblazer artist :)