• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got this back from CGC. What would you grade it?

25 posts in this topic

One other possible issue is that there are a lot of high grade copies of this book (i.e NM or better) that have been graded.

Just like most of us believe that Golden-Age books seem to get a higher grade than Silver-Age based on the defects, books that are submitted alot, are graded even more strictly. That's just my opinion.

And an interesting opinion it is...! So what're you saying, CGC is "grading on a curve" now? It's not enough to be high grade, the book has to be relatively uncommon too? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Could be the book was a 7.0 and the printing defect(top staple) knocked it down to a 6.0?? Otherwise the person grading it could have added up a ton of defects resulting from the veined defects at the top of the book??? Grasping here.

I spoke with Mark at CGC. He was very helpful overall, and explained that on this comic, there is a very faint stain on the back cover, that is also on the front cover near the spine. It is over by the MAIL ONE COUPON TODAY banner on back. I could not see it on the front, but can see it upon close inspection on the back. He said it is also on spine area of inner pages, but I cannot see them now that it is encapsulated. Sorry, but I just could not see the reason for the low grade. Thanks for your opinions.

boo.giftonofbricks.gif