• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM THOR 200 (NEW BAG/BOARD CASUALTY)

11 posts in this topic

No it is not a tape pull ;) I did have to learn that lesson the hard way but I am past that. :grin: This one illustrates why scans may not be an accurate basis to grade comics. Can anyone spot the 1" tear I added to this book :mad: It is there but well hidden when pressed flat to the scanner screen.

Large FC: http://www.pbase.com/bjorn_b/image/94232246/original.jpg

large.jpg

Large BC: http://www.pbase.com/bjorn_b/image/94232247/original.jpg

large.jpg

My limited experience is telling me that this self inflicted defect would likely be hammered if officially graded, so I guess I will just have to store away for another 20 years when it may be less noteworthy. To me I would much rather have this defect than a front cover tape pull :) What say ye?

Which is why scan grading is just for fun and you are to reveal hidden defects when posting a book for grading.

Doesn't hurt to illustrate every once in a while. Now I know why the bold print in the forum description! Those extra details are needed for a fair grade!

Are you talking about the little owie under the "of the" on the lower front cover?

You have some sharp eyes, but the worse damage to the FC is to the ULC! The 1" tear is on the BC. I can see the evidence of it on the Larger image knowing where it is.

I see 2 possible places it could be on the back cover... next to the hot wheels set on the left side, or on the bottom, under the flash camera. I can't tell which is a tear (if either) and which is just a slight discoloration.

I see 2 possible places it could be on the back cover... next to the hot wheels set on the left side, or on the bottom, under the flash camera. I can't tell which is a tear (if either) and which is just a slight discoloration.

i think you can see about a quarter of the tear along the bottom edge, under the picture of the flash camera.

nice looking book that will probably grade in the 7.0-7.5 area with a 1 inch tear on the BC..

i'm assuming that there are degrees of points deducted based on the severity, location and appearance of a tear..............