• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World LA Report! CAP_FFreek Style.

15 posts in this topic

I wake up on Saturday at 9:30 AM, have breakfast and and I'm off towards the Wardlow Station. I hop on the Blue Line and it takes me to right in front of the convention center. I walk in, get my ticket, and I'm off.

First, I peruse the sellers and check out the books on my list. Went by Bedrock's booth, his assistant was very kind and patient as I pored over all his Marvels and walked away. I walked down each aisle, I saw Harley's booth, and as I got though half of them, walked over to the Artist's Alley.

The Artists Alley, was interesting but small, I hate being barraged by people selling there things, I want to help all of them. I get guilted into buying a few things from unknown artist here and there. I had a nice chat with Alex Nino as I watched him draw.

I walked back to the Super-Con booth where they were giving 50% off. I bought a nice Avengers 23 for my Secret Set. I'm starting to fall in love with Cap's Kooky Quartet. I may have to start an Avengers run. I got a Sgt. Fury 24 and a 14 (first Blitzkrieg Squad) for my Secret Set as well. I got a Superman 400 for my Steranko Set, as well. All of these at super cheap prices making me wish I had brought more cash.

I did not see anything of interest until I got to the Nationwide Comics. Where I found an X-Men 13, which I have been looking for with no avail for months. It completes my Pop Art Productions Set which includes about 25 other books. I don't think I overpaid at $30.00 for it.

My leg began to ache as they haven't been the same since I ran into a bench, playing touch football in the park with the guys at full speed. My stomach also ached as I remembered I forgot to pack food. So, I went out and bought a slice of pizza which refueled me for more shopping.

I bought a cool Captain America For President T-Shirt at a booth and The Mighty Thor 1966 TV Series on DVD, too. I headed back to the Super-Con booth and picked up a DareDevil 44 for my Steranko Set. (he inked the cover) and a Nick Fury and his Agents of SHIELD (2nd Series) in which he drew the cover.

I saw Donald Faison (the black guy from Scrubs) He was a blast to talk to and signed a comic he was related in that were sitting in a stack there. I took a quick walk down the um... guest section and saw Major Victory and Fat Momma :sick: and some pro wrestlers :sick: :sick: and quickly left.

I picked up some more mini-comics from the Artists Alley and went to sit down near Bedrock's booth to pack my new stuff safely away. I got up and saw a booth I had missed in my initial and second run right behind Bedrock Comics. It had some nice stuff with good prices so I spent the last of my set budget on a Fantastic Four 131 and Doc Savage 1 for my Steranko Set.

There was still an hour and a half till the Resto Seminar and I was bored. So, I left the Convention Center and walked to the Blue Line Station (saving money on parking). I sold my ticket to some guy for 20 bucks who was standing around asking for tickets as I walked by.

Congrats, FFreek, on completing the PopArt Productions set. :applause: I love this brief 5 month set of books as well - the stories and art at Marvel are really hitting their stride, and the name change reveals Stan's interest in selling the Marvel brand to the high school and college counterculture, rather than the "little kids" appeal of the distinguished competition.

Well i certainly had a productive 2 days at the show. I traded about 60 books and got back about the same number.

Here are links to the books that I traded away, mostly to Bedrock and Steven Ritter.

th_avengers9.jpgth_avengers27.jpgth_avengers28.jpgth_avengers47.jpgth_avengers48.jpg

th_dd23.jpgth_ff24.jpgth_ff62.jpgth_ff72.jpgth_ff73.jpg

th_ff74.jpgth_ff84.jpgth_hulk102.jpgth_hulk200.jpgth_ironman2.jpg

th_ironman6.jpgth_ironman23.jpgth_ironman24.jpgth_ironman56.jpgth_marvteamup3.jpg

th_spidey34.jpgth_spidey68.jpgth_spidey121.jpgth_spidey238.jpgth_spideygs4.jpg

th_strangetales128.jpgth_thor193.jpg

th_tos67.jpgth_tos75.jpgth_tos76.jpgth_tos79.jpg

th_tos81.jpg

th_tos82.jpg

th_tos86.jpg

th_tos89.jpg

th_tos90.jpg

th_tos91.jpg

th_tos92.jpg

th_tos93.jpg

th_tos96.jpg

th_tos98.jpg

th_tos99.jpg

th_WEB1C2.jpg

th_XMEN18.jpg

th_XMEN33.jpg

th_XMEN116.jpg

th_XMENGS1.jpg

I traded about 60 books and got back about the same number.

We kept bumping into each other at the Bedrock and Ritter booths - I enjoyed meeting/chatting with you, and good luck with your quest! (thumbs u

STEVE

Congrats, FFreek, on completing the PopArt Productions set. :applause: I love this brief 5 month set of books as well - the stories and art at Marvel are really hitting their stride, and the name change reveals Stan's interest in selling the Marvel brand to the high school and college counterculture, rather than the "little kids" appeal of the distinguished competition.

What is the total list of the PopArt Productions set? hm

Can someone please post the list?

:headbang:THX!

To bad I'm poor.

Here's The List:

Amazing Spider-Man 28-31

Avengers 19-22

DareDevil 9-10

Fantastic Four 42-45

Journey Into Mystery 119-122

Sgt. Fury 21-22

Tales To Astonish 71

X-Men 13-14

That would be a very nice little set to put together.

Congrats Connor on putting it together!

To bad I'm poor.

Here's The List:

Amazing Spider-Man 28-31

Avengers 19-22

DareDevil 9-10

Fantastic Four 42-45

Journey Into Mystery 119-122

Sgt. Fury 21-22

Tales To Astonish 71

X-Men 13-14

That would be a very nice little set to put together.

Congrats Connor on putting it together!

Thanks. :acclaim: I had a great time doing it as well. I took my time and got good prices on all of them. Took me almost exactly a year.