• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The single most Valuable CGC graded comicbook ?

198 posts in this topic

Yes, I havent sent it to CGC yet :whistle:

You should crack it out & make sure the rust hasn't migrated.... :whistle:

Good point, but unfortunately the only way to save the book is by replacing the staples, which would effect the value of the book drastically...

Good point, but unfortunately the only way to save the book is by replacing the staples, which would effect the value of the book drastically...

Yes, but if you don't replace the staples and the rust migrates through out the book, the point is moot. Isn't it?

Yes, but if you don't replace the staples and the rust migrates through out the book, the point is moot. Isn't it?

Oh, I totally agree, but does the owner have the cojones to do it :juggle: and would risk that much $$$$$ ... plus we dont the the severity of the rust hm

Does CGC still note when staples are rusted ona a book? If not, I would think the owner of that book would benefite by gettign it reholdered.
Good point, he could re-sub and the label would not note the rusted staples.

to answer the original question, without a doubt it's the AA16 9.4. If that action #1 didn't have the staple issue it'd be closer, but with the rust it's the AA16 by a few 100k.
I dont know :juggle:

to answer the original question, without a doubt it's the AA16 9.4. If that action #1 didn't have the staple issue it'd be closer, but with the rust it's the AA16 by a few 100k.

I agree 100%.The 8.5 Action 1 will never get the top sales spot with the rusted staples.The Mile High AA16 I have no dought would sell for more.

Does CGC still note when staples are rusted ona a book? If not, I would think the owner of that book would benefite by gettign it reholdered.
Good point, he could re-sub and the label would not note the rusted staples.

I think it was mentioned in the other thread that you have to pay to take negative notes off of a book. And seeing what the book is I highly doubt its provenance will not be known if that does occur and it goes on the market.

Ok since there seems to unanimity that the AA16 Church is the higher value book, how much does rusted staples hurt this book's value ? Clean v this copy what would the sale prices be ?