• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plainville, CT: 1000-1400 30 MAR 08

11 posts in this topic

Got this info off of Cliff's comic webpage. This show is usually a pretty good once it has been a little over two months since the last show. I was away visiting family for the last one, but I'm definitely planning on being in attendance for this show. With any luck, I might be able to pry medstudentnerd away from his research and patients in PA to come up for this show. Always a fun time!

"UPCOMING 2008 COMIC/TOY/COLLECTIBLES/SHOWS (ON SUNDAYS): March 30th

99 CENT ADMISSION, CHILDREN UNDER 10 ARE FREE

40 dealer tables, Something for everyone! Non-Sports/Yu-Gi-Oh/Comics/Movie Collectables/Pokemon/Magic/Action Figures/DVDs/Vintage Toys/Hot Wheels/Hourly Raffles/CAG Friendly/Free Coffee/Free Donuts

Show runs at the Plainville V.F.W. Hall- 7 Northwest Dr. (Route 10) from 10 AM to 2 PM."

cant make it this sunday - have another show in south attlelboro massacahusetts i am setting up at - another show going on in concord new hampshire put on by double midnite - busy weekend for shows - hope to make cliffs next connecticut show - hope you find some bargains

Wow- back to back shows does sound busy! Hopefully the buyers turn out for you. I'm really hoping the higher end back issues come out this weekend. I'm not looking to make a purchase, but I'd like to line up some summer "project" purchases. So we'll see how it looks. :wishluck:

GA, what table were you manning?

Show wasn't too bad. Good crowds early on, but really thinned out after 11:30/12pm. Not necessarily a bad thing though. I only found a mid-grade copy of ASM 158 for $2 to fill a hole, and passed on a couple books that didn't fall within my primary focus... though I'll probably pick up copies later (IM #1, Ghost Rider #1). Oh well. I had fun talking to some of the dealers so it worked out well enough :)

GA, what table were you manning?

Show wasn't too bad. Good crowds early on, but really thinned out after 11:30/12pm. Not necessarily a bad thing though. I only found a mid-grade copy of ASM 158 for $2 to fill a hole, and passed on a couple books that didn't fall within my primary focus... though I'll probably pick up copies later (IM #1, Ghost Rider #1). Oh well. I had fun talking to some of the dealers so it worked out well enough :)

I wasn't manning a table, just wandering around with Learnedhand. Some really good stuff in the back corner. Brian (Buried Under Comics) got a sweet Bronze collection. The ASM 102 was a fresh, white paged 9.4 and sold pretty quick. He had some other great Spidey's. Did you see the collection?

Yeah, I was one of the first people there scoping it out. Multiples of lots of BA keys, and I was surprised with the accuracy of his grading- very tight. Just didn't see stuff that was in my primary focus that I wanted to drop some coin on.