• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nearmint's rather petite Wizard World LA Con report!

74 posts in this topic

RyanH's AWESOME Keen Detective Funnies #20...

P1020624.jpg

You can't cover up a Marvel Mystery 9 with a KDF #20 :P

He can and apparently he did. I'm in the KD 20 camp any day. MM's are so...common... :P

Whose Daring Mystery 1 was it? I saw the Tec 18 at Richard's booth and my wife thought we should get one! Nice books everyone! (I'm not even going to start on the KD 20... wow!)

The beautiful slabbed DARING #1 is Richard's ... mine is the one in mylar, that looks like toilet paper next to his.

I was going to ask the same thing. Thought it would look great next to my Daring Mystery #3 CGC 5.0. Then I looked up GPA and decided it looked better in the pic instead.

R.

I was thrilled to finally obtain this sharp looking 6.0...

action29.jpg

sweet. one beautiful 6.0. great report. thanks.

Yup, one of the best looking 6.0's I've seen! :applause:

:golfclap: Great Looking 6.0 dude!

We dropped off our comics, then walked around the corner for dinner at the Liberty Cafe, where we were joined by Matt Nelson, Steve Ritter, Tom Brulato, and Steve Lauterbach. The night was filled with great conversations, some hilarious anecdotes, and a mighty fine burger and fries.

The dinner and chat was GREAT! I especially enjoy hearing others' opinions on the current state of the hobby (especially coming from a 'force' like Tom Brulato - we share a lot of viewpoints in common (thumbs u )

Overall, Wizard L.A. was a mini-convention of sorts but thanks to the fine dealers who showed up, the terrific books that I found, and time spent with good friends, I had a fabulous time... :acclaim:

you geeks looked to be having a grand old time; sorry i missed out on it. chicago con ain't but a little over 3 mos. away tho', and i can't wait.

Great report. maybe the best Con report thread I've read on the boards. I really enjoyed the pictures of the books too.

The sad part -- That's a room full of Geeks, that I'm not cool enough to hang with. :(

Great report. maybe the best Con report thread I've read on the boards. I really enjoyed the pictures of the books too.

The sad part -- That's a room full of Geeks, that I'm not cool enough to hang with. :(

mceeeeee...trust me, you are more than cool enough to hang with those geeks :insane: and what is really cool about them, they would welcome you with open arms (just watch where their hands end up, if you know what I mean :baiting: )

Nearmint summed it up quite nicely ... good times had by all!

A twelve hour day for me of geeking, gawking and socializing. Was really great to meet NM (Jeff), Richard (Bedrock) (who brought some incredible slabbed Timely's), Matt Nelson (who had a couple books ready for me!), Stephen Ritter, and others...

Here's a dark shot of the dinner...

dinner.jpg

In the left row, starting from back: Jeff, Ryan, Ronaldo, and tehn two gents who I met but their names escape me now (help anyone?).

Right row from back: Matt Nelson, Richard, Stephen Ritter and Steve (Sacentaur)

Geeking out under the stars...

Then up to Richard's hotel room, to see some truly nice books.

Two restored but nice Red Raven's...

richredraven.jpg

More GA goodies:

books2.jpg

Ronaldo and Richard's GA gold:

books1.jpg

NERDS IN PARADISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you two made a love connection .. :baiting:.......I'll have to tell ya though , I've never seen four guys in a hotel room more content , focused and excited , ........w/ out strippers that is ... (shrug)

sacentaur, who I just now identified was very courteous in holding an X-Men 13 for me. Thanks!

That was me!

That was you?

:hi:

:hi: