• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim Burton's Superman

36 posts in this topic

Tim Burton and superheroes don't mix! The best you can say about Batman 1 & 2 is that they weren't as bad as 3 & 4 IN MY OPINION (some people disagree)

I wonder what that design sketch is about? Looks like Edward Superhands.

I'm just saying that Superman is not a bad azz. That's all. He's the innocent, naive farmboy with Superpowers.

For the record? Tim Burton's first Batman movie ROCKED!

R.

I'm just saying that Superman is not a bad azz. That's all. He's the innocent, naive farmboy with Superpowers.

R.

It rocked until the Joker pulled out the super long gun and shot down the Batplane. I still throw up a little in my mouth every time I think of that.

R.

I thought the first half rocked, but the 2nd half had too many errors in logic.

R.

It rocked until the Joker pulled out the super long gun and shot down the Batplane. I still throw up a little in my mouth every time I think of that.

It was dark and campy and he pulled it off like no one else could. I thought that scene was actually pretty funny in a demented way. And I'm not a big fan of Tim Burton.

I think what he aimed for was a dark BA style bats with GA flavor. I think he pulled it off. The Movie was made in the 80's and that had a lot to do with it but back then it was all the rage. I went to see it like 4 times or something. Bat books doubled and quadrupled in pirce. It was all over the papers. It was the equivalent of the spidey movies today.

R.

R.

It was dark and campy and he pulled it off like no one else could. I thought that scene was actually pretty funny in a demented way. And I'm not a big fan of Tim Burton.

I think what he aimed for was a dark BA style bats with GA flavor. I think he pulled it off. The Movie was made in the 80's and that had a lot to do with it but back then it was all the rage. I went to see it like 4 times or something. Bat books doubled and quadrupled in pirce. It was all over the papers. It was the equivalent of the spidey movies today.

R.

My fav Superhero movie of all time. That gun part was a little off. You would think it was a done deal with him in the plane but no, one shot and its totaled. Aw who cares the movie rocked1

Burton was a good match up for Batman- I mean, you've got the premier gothic director at the head of the premier super hero of Gotham. Superman, however, I don't think would be the right match up.

I actually liked the Superman Returns... minus the Lois Lane bit.

Burton was a good match up for Batman- I mean, you've got the premier gothic director at the head of the premier super hero of Gotham. Superman, however, I don't think would be the right match up.

I actually liked the Superman Returns... minus the Lois Lane bit.

Ah but that's it. I don't think of Tim Burton as 'gothic'. He's more like 'gothic lite' or 'kiddie gothic'. Don't get me wrong, Pee Wee's Big Adventure was awesome and I loved Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands and Beetlejuice, but he was and is a maker of children's films.

Of course, some would point out that wanting my superhero films to be aimed at adults is kind of odd :grin:

Tim Burton and superheroes don't mix! The best you can say about Batman 1 & 2 is that they weren't as bad as 3 & 4 IN MY OPINION (some people disagree)

I wonder what that design sketch is about? Looks like Edward Superhands.

What!? Batman 1 & 2 were awesome! Especially the first movie. I like the Christopher Nolan Batman and I am definitely excited about The Dark Night, but Tim Burton perfected the Batman series in my opinion. Anyway, your opinion counts too of course... I think...

As opposed to what? Throwing up in your elbow? Left ear? lol:insane: