• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How often are Heritage descriptions inaccurate?

5 posts in this topic

As I was searching for Invaders on Heritage's site, I noticed that a number of descriptions understate the high grade population of some of the books: Link.

I've included what the descriptions claim the census to be as of 03/08 followed by the actual census:

15 0 in 9.6 and 0 higher / census says 3 in 9.6 and 2 higher

17 0 in 9.6 and 0 higher / census says 9 in 9.6 and 1 higher

19 7 in 9.6 and 1 higher / census says 9 in 9.6 and 1 higher

21 0 in 9.6 and 0 higher / census says 6 in 9.6 and 0 higher

22 0 in 9.6 and 0 higher / census says 6 in 9.6 and 2 higher

23 2 in 9.6 and 0 higher / census says 7 in 9.6 and 0 higher

30 0 in 9.6 and 0 higher / census says 4 in 9.6 and 1 higher

34 0 in 9.6 and 0 higher / census says 3 in 9.6 and 0 higher

37 3 in 9.6 and 1 higher / census says 6 in 9.6 and 1 higher

Is this level of inaccuracy common?

Be careful of incomplete descriptions from Heritage as well. I bought a GA book described as 6.0 (or so) and it arrived with a small bit of tape on the top left corner. I've also bought mid-grade gold from them that had a loose or almost loose centerfold. They're not the best at full disclosure.

The biggest aberration was the Krazy hammer price on the loose front cover to Detect #31 classic castle cover by Bob Kane: NO back cover or coverless attached. Sold for about $5k which is roughly 5 times more than what a raw complete Good- is listed at in Ostreet. Stop the insanity. :makepoint: