• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet 38. Price movement thread.

111 posts in this topic

I thought maybe we could have a thread just devoted to what went up and down and everyone could chime in with what they've noticed.

So far, the biggest increase I've seen is for Uncle Scrooge #1 (and other early issues) which was a real surprise. About 3-4 years ago Overstreet actually nudged these prices down and suddenly a giant increase. Something like 30% across all grades for #1.

I saw good sized increases for Lois Lane #1 (almost 7%) and decent for JLA #1 (4% or so).

Iron Man #1 down almost 10%? WTH? So I'm wondering if there are other decreases that are strange. (Stranger than seeing Rawhide go down almost 10%.)

Of course I'm also seeing random moves that always make one wonder about the methodology too. Like some early WDCS going up 10% while others only a few years later and still hard to stock go down 5%. Seems really weird.

Marc

Incredible Hulk 181 up $50 in NM-, untouched in low-grade. Early Hulks up 5%.

Batman 200 up a smidge in high grade, down a touch in low-grade.

My vote for insane price change of the year so far: Batman 100 is one I consider way overpriced. I sometimes see this book for about 40% off with no takers. So this year it goes from $514 in VG to $552! Crazy.

I feel the same way about Superman 100 and it went up 5% this year too.

My god, they've taken an axe to Pogo Possum! These books went down in last year's guide and then this year we're talking down 25% for some books.

So nobody should say that books only go up.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of surprises and a lot of movement in this edition.

So far, the biggest increase I've seen is for Uncle Scrooge #1 (and other early issues) which was a real surprise. About 3-4 years ago Overstreet actually nudged these prices down and suddenly a giant increase. Something like 30% across all grades for #1.

Strangely, they might still be too low. 8.0 is listed at $1,292...

the last sale on Heritage for a 7.0 was $1,912 in February. hm

My god, they've taken an axe to Pogo Possum! These books went down in last year's guide and then this year we're talking down 25% for some books.

So nobody should say that books only go up.

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of surprises and a lot of movement in this edition.

:( but accurate in that case

JIM 83 +20%

TOS 39 +19%

ASM 1 +18%

X-Men 1 +15%

Albedo 2 +22%

Action 1 +13%

Detective 31 +13%

Archie 1 +24%

Pep 22 +20%

Suspense 3 +20%

Batman 1 +12%

Detective 35 +12%

All-American 16 +11%

JIM 83 +20%

TOS 39 +19%

ASM 1 +18%

X-Men 1 +15%

Albedo 2 +22%

Action 1 +13%

Detective 31 +13%

Archie 1 +24%

Pep 22 +20%

Suspense 3 +20%

Batman 1 +12%

Detective 35 +12%

All-American 16 +11%

Early Marvels continue to skyrocket. There's a surprise...

Thanks for the post Bill!

R.