• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: WALKING DEAD pages with Zombies!

12 posts in this topic

That would look great if it were in color...

I know you're just giving MK a hard time, but I must say, some comics need to be B&W and TWD is one of those. It would lose much of what it has to offer if it were in color. That's one of the reasons I love the original art from this series so much. i think the OA actually looks better then the finished product (after the gray toning/inking).

That would look great if it were in color...

I know you're just giving MK a hard time, but I must say, some comics need to be B&W and TWD is one of those. It would lose much of what it has to offer if it were in color. That's one of the reasons I love the original art from this series so much. i think the OA actually looks better then the finished product (after the gray toning/inking).

Agree 100%. Some books just work better in b/w. As an example, V FOR VENDETTA was originally published in b/w during its initial run in WARRIOR. WARRIOR was a b/w mag, so it's not like they had a choice, but the b/w art fit the story perfectly. DC colored it later and it looks "off". The difference between the early b/w OA and the OA from the last two issues (which were drawn with coloring in mind) is a stark contrast as well,

Back to WD...anyone else here prefer Adlard to Moore? I know I'm in a minority, but I never really got how Moore's stuff is valued that much more than Adlard's. Moore has a cartoony style that fits books like FEAR AGENT and EXTERMINATORS. It does not fit WD the same way as Adlard's does. For example, I don't think Moore would have been as successful with the graphic execution scene a couple of issues ago. Hopefully, in time, Adlard gets his due.

Back to WD...anyone else here prefer Adlard to Moore? I know I'm in a minority, but I never really got how Moore's stuff is valued that much more than Adlard's. Moore has a cartoony style that fits books like FEAR AGENT and EXTERMINATORS. It does not fit WD the same way as Adlard's does. For example, I don't think Moore would have been as successful with the graphic execution scene a couple of issues ago. Hopefully, in time, Adlard gets his due.

I'm with you (thumbs u

Adlard has grown on me...and I see + and - with both artists. I think Moore draws better Zombies from a detail perspective, but Adlard is no slouch either. I perfer Adlard's interpretation of the characters...but I like Moore's Lori better than Adlard. Moore's big honking nose on her gave her a distinct look that was lost in the Adlard interpretation.