• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I ran into Arthur Adams today...

6 posts in this topic

A silly story for you. I went into my LCS today and picked up my weekly books. The last book I got I put on the top of my stack. That book was The Incredible Hercules with cover by Arthur Adams. I turned around to look around some more and to my surprise, Arthur Adams walked past me with his wife! Not sure if he picked it up, but I heard the store clerk recommend Thor #7 to him, to which he went browsing.

Anyway, it was cool to see him again. I didn't bother him for a sketch or autograph. It just goes to show you never know who you'll run into!

That's so cool. Gotta love it when that happens.

I just learned that Dave Sim is a subscriber at my buddy's LCS.

:D

Pretty cool.

R.

that's awesome. If it were me, I probably wouldn't have even recognized him.

Same here if just because its hard to find decent pics of these guys! one thing I hate about CONS is running around trying to find guys to get signs you have never even seen a pic of & to top it off they have poor signage too like a tiny piece of paper with the guys name poorly written on it taped to the table UHG!

Woah! I would start hanging out there and just happen to have a Cerebus comic or whatever when he walks in,

Or better yet show some tact and ask the LCS owner about it if hes a regular buyer there I'm sure he wouldn't mind signing a selected piece if the guy asked him and told em it was for one of his other regulars :D all in all these guys are not TV stars though I'm sure he would have even been quite surprised that someone had spotted him and asked for a graph :D

... well maybe not THAT surprised it is a comic shop after all heh!

Or better yet show some tact

Exactly. No one wants to be hounded and a lot of these guys are happy to sign things if they are shown some respect. Maybe I'll see if my buddy can ask if Dave is interested in a promo day where he can sign copies of his new book.

R.