• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lost CGC Comic or Collections due to disaster?

16 posts in this topic

I was just curious if anyone out there heard of or lost some really HG CGC or raws comics in a natural disaster? If. so what did u loss?

IE...fire, hurricane, earthquake, flooding....(stolen items do not count)

Here is a pretty bad example relating to paperwork in general.

The Copenhagen Fire of 1728 was the largest fire in the history of Copenhagen, Denmark. It began on the evening of October 20, 1728, and continued to burn until the morning of October 23. It destroyed approximately 28% of the city (measured by counting the number of destroyed lots from the cadastre), left 20% of the population homeless, and the reconstruction lasted until 1737. No less than 47% of the section of the city, which dates back to the Middle Ages, was completely lost, and along with the Copenhagen Fire of 1795, it is the main reason that few traces of medieval Copenhagen can be found in the modern city.

Although the number of dead and wounded was relatively low compared to the extent of the fire, the cultural losses were huge. In addition to several private book collections, 35,000 texts including a large number of unique works were lost with the University of Copenhagen library, and at the observatory on top of Rundetårn, instruments and records made by Tycho Brahe and Ole Rømer were destroyed.

The Copenhagen Fire of 1728 was the largest fire in the history of Copenhagen, Denmark. It began on the evening of October 20, 1728, and continued to burn until the morning of October 23. It destroyed approximately 28% of the city (measured by counting the number of destroyed lots from the cadastre), left 20% of the population homeless, and the reconstruction lasted until 1737. No less than 47% of the section of the city, which dates back to the Middle Ages, was completely lost, and along with the Copenhagen Fire of 1795, it is the main reason that few traces of medieval Copenhagen can be found in the modern city.

Although the number of dead and wounded was relatively low compared to the extent of the fire, the cultural losses were huge. In addition to several private book collections, 35,000 texts including a large number of unique works were lost with the University of Copenhagen library, and at the observatory on top of Rundetårn, instruments and records made by Tycho Brahe and Ole Rømer were destroyed.

:o

Hmmm... I'm sure Katrina claimed her fair share of nice collections. Though, I have heard that Slabs can make it through quite a bit. hm

Katrina...no problem. Bad packing job + the US Postal Service...problem. :boo:

I was just curious if anyone out there heard of or lost some really HG CGC or raws comics in a natural disaster? If. so what did u loss?

Many years ago I used to have a pretty nasty substance abuse problem.I had been out partying with a friend who had just got in from a scalloping trip .We'd been at it for a couple of days and came back to my parents house to crash.I passed out smoking a cigarette and burnt the house down.My comic collection went with it.Insurance covered 18k back then,it would be 10 times that now.It still puts a knot in my sphynchter when I think about it.Man did that make me feel protozoic.I've been straight for over 7 years now.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

p.s. When I tried to wake my buddy up to get him out of the burning house,he punched me in the mouth :flamed:

Many years ago I used to have a pretty nasty substance abuse problem.I had been out partying with a friend who had just got in from a scalloping trip .We'd been at it for a couple of days and came back to my parents house to crash.I passed out smoking a cigarette and burnt the house down.My comic collection went with it.Insurance covered 18k back then,it would be 10 times that now.It still puts a knot in my sphynchter when I think about it.Man did that make me feel protozoic.I've been straight for over 7 years now.GOD BLESS...

p.s. When I tried to wake my buddy up to get him out of the burning house,he punched me in the mouth :flamed:

Well one good thing came of that disaster is at least your got off drugs !

:applause:

I remember talking to a guy outside a 12 step meeting and he said something I'll never forget...." We can't always change the world,but we CAN change our minds.".It helped me reach a moment of clarity where I could get off the merry-go-round.GOD BLESS...

Sad.

:(

even more sad...

:( :( :(