• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lastest eBay John Byrne X-men CGC 9.6 Auctions!!!

138 posts in this topic

I was watching these eBay auctions and I can't believe how much they ended for.

I bought two of these book in the same grade a couple of weeks ago for like half the price as they went for today.

Does anybody want to discuss why these CGC copies went for much higher than they usually go for?

*** go to eBay and go to completed auctions on X-men CGC 9.6 and just look at some of the recent completed John Byrne X-men issue's that went for alot more than the market usually suggests!!!*** (All of these auctions were from eBay seller = jscomics)

Some them went for normal pricing like X-men 136 and 135, but issues like 134, 133, 115 and 113 went for crazy prices. :o

I just bought X-men 113 CGC 9.6 for $125 like a week ago which is more than 1/2 the price of what it just went for! (shrug)

Can anybody explain these recent spikes in the book prices???

I guess your kind of lucky I didn't see the one you won last week, or I would have pushed it higher then $125 ;)

Congrats on getting the book!! ^^

So I am not trying to make u feel bad or anything.

I am just saving it seemed a lot higher than usual.

I paid $125 each for X-men 110 and 113 CGC 9.6 from the same eBay seller that had them both at BUY IT NOW for 125 and it wasnt like he put them up and I bought them right away because I bought them 2 days into the auction.

I am just hoping shilling was not going on!

No worries, I wanted it lol, and paid what I could afford. eBay can be strange, I've paid a lot and in other auctions I've saved a lot, it all seems to even out for me :)

I can't find the 113 you paid $125 for in the ended auctions...Did it have WP also?

the 110 and 113 both had WP and in the old Blue Label CGC holder.

Actually is was more like I got them in February. I will try to get the links for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280204241454

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280204240520&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

I bid on x-men 134 and 133, but they went alot more than what I normally would pay for them, I will just wait to the next ones go up for auctions.

I was watching these eBay auctions and I can't believe how much they ended for.

I bought two of these book in the same grade a couple of weeks ago for like half the price as they went for today.

Does anybody want to discuss why these CGC copies went for much higher than they usually go for?

*** go to eBay and go to completed auctions on X-men CGC 9.6 and just look at some of the recent completed John Byrne X-men issue's that went for alot more than the market usually suggests!!!*** (All of these auctions were from eBay seller = jscomics)

Some them went for normal pricing like X-men 136 and 135, but issues like 134, 133, 115 and 113 went for crazy prices. :o

I just bought X-men 113 CGC 9.6 for $125 like a week ago which is more than 1/2 the price of what it just went for! (shrug)

Can anybody explain these recent spikes in the book prices???

All it takes are a couple of crazed bidders to drive up the price.

I know your a big X-men collector.

would u have paid those prices for any of those books?

How long did your 113 stay up on ebay with a BIN of $125?

I still think that's crazy low.

both were like a day, and thought I could get them both for about that if I tried to bid on the items anyway, so I just bought them both instead of waiting.

I know your a big X-men collector.

would u have paid those prices for any of those books?

:roflmao:

what do u think of those prices Doc?

Your obviously a big time JB collector.

I was watching these books as well. I went in wanting the X-Men 123 as well but just could not pay that much.

I did end up winning the #135 and #139 in 9.6.

I was able to pick them up for $63 and $66.

I will pick up books for market value or better but will not over pay because another one will always come along. Yes there are a few exceptions to this rule but for the most part more books will show up that I need. I am just patient.

Congratulations on your pick up Edge. :)

At the rate you are buying I may never catch you. ;)

I always suspect shilling when the price goes really high...

and now that you cant see bidders FB or names, I suspect even more

Have to agree, with ebay going the way that it has been I won't buy many books on there regaurdles if I need the book or not, I've also back out of deals on ebay when I've felt that shill bidding was going on.