• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Retailer Variants. What are we smoking?

8 posts in this topic

Who are the pros in the forum that discuss the pros and cons of buying retailer variants and WHEN. (ie Superman/Batman etc). If there are threads on this please let me know. confused.gif

At the risk of getting [!@#%^&^] slapped, look up all the threads with the words BATMAN RRP in them. This has been discussed ad nauseum.

I think the Batman RRP book has mega-legs. Others do not.

Who are the pros in the forum that discuss the pros and cons of buying retailer variants and WHEN. (ie Superman/Batman etc). If there are threads on this please let me know. confused.gif

At the risk of getting [!@#%^&^] slapped, look up all the threads with the words BATMAN RRP in them. This has been discussed ad nauseum.

I think the Batman RRP book has mega-legs. Others do not.

As long as we're talking about the Batman RRP smirk.gif I think that this book would be great to have - for a couple of bills tops. For the north of $2K that this book has brought in cgc 9.8, that's a big chunk of change. I got my Batman 614 piece for that much and I would much rather have an original one of a kind Batman original art page than the highest graded copy of a retailer incentive of a book that I already have . . .

DAM

Who are the pros in the forum that discuss the pros and cons of buying retailer variants and WHEN.

Pros:

1) There is a ton of money to be made selling these manufactured collectibles to willing sheep. You'll find the positive comments on here being made by those with a financial stake in keeping the suckers opening their wallets.

2) Retailers get these manufactured collectibles, and with the insane prices, can augment their store earnings and reap higher profits.

Cons:

1) You WILL lose money buying at the hype. A few years from now, and hundreds of retailer incentives later, people won't care a whit about the old ones, and will either be tired of the scam, or be concentrating on that new Marvel Retailer Incentive with Jim Lee and Alan Moore doing their take on Captain America...

2) Did I mention you will take a bath on these "flash in the pan" over-hyped incentives?