• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i'm sure someone can explain why $300 for this book

25 posts in this topic

Correction, its...

On of John Bryne's best covers

And like Rodney said a awesome story arc, and also because I sold it. :acclaim: I probably could have held out for more, maybe even increased the asking price if I wanted to sit on it for a while as I bet I could have easily got full price on it (book sold in about 15 minutes after I listed it). I still own the Winnipeg 9.6 copy which I cracked out of the slabb so that is good enough for me. I think Showcase NE sold a 9.6 last week for $140?

All of those Byrne Caps (247-255) seem to be scarce in high grade. There aren't many submitted and no grades higher than 9.6 for #247 and #253.

Have you seen the prices you get? I bought a few for $12-$17 each in CGC 9.4, so I can hardly imagine too many dealers getting excited over sending them in for a chance at the "CGC 9.8 lottery".

And BTW, these are far from rare in HG, as all Byrne books from the late-70's/early-80's were hoarded in quantity.