• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay suspension letter?

27 posts in this topic

Got this e-mail today; assume it is a fraud? The link asks me to reenter my credit card details.

Thanks, hkp

---

To: xxx@yahoo.com

Subject: Verify eBay account

From: "Safe-Harbour" | This is spam | Add to Address Book

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:25:56 -0400

SafeHarbor Pre-Suspension

Dear customer,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account will be suspended due to the violation of our site policy below:

* Misrepresentation of Identity (User) - Representing yourself as another eBay user or registering using the identity of another.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be deleted.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?SecureConfirmation&bpuser=1

Our apologies for this unconvenience.

Thank you for using eBay!

http://www.ebay.com

It's a fraud

Why the deletion? confused.gif(oldguy)

Sorry, I was editing my post, but had to step away and decided to just delete it rather then just saying "it's a fraud" without an explanation.

It's a fraud

Why the deletion? confused.gif(oldguy)

Sorry, I was editing my post, but had to step away and decided to just delete it rather then just saying "it's a fraud" without an explanation.

thumbsup2.gif

Too bad they haven't truly banned you yet...FOOL! hi.gif

That response didn't take long...... tongue.gif
Screw you...limited internet access at work. BTW....my comment was the last one before I left for the day! confused-smiley-013.gif