• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Like Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier?

14 posts in this topic

Love those pages Brandon !

Darwyn has now entered the same league as Bruce Timm and Todd McFarlane.....A multimedia artist.....

The prices have really taken off on his stuff, related to the high demand. I wish I had gotten some of those pieces Albert had for sale way back when I first started looking at it....

Michael:

I got news for you...with regard to Darwyn's New Frontier stuff, this is still the 'ground floor' regarding his prices. As many will agree, this was ground-breaking work that transcended all ages and several mediums.

Trust me, this is still the low end regarding prices on Darwyn's artwork and if I were a savvy collector, I would scoop up whatever pages I can afford now. In the near future, these things will be commanding V for Vendetta prices.

Michael:

I got news for you...with regard to Darwyn's New Frontier stuff, this is still the 'ground floor' regarding his prices. As many will agree, this was ground-breaking work that transcended all ages and several mediums.

Trust me, this is still the low end regarding prices on Darwyn's artwork and if I were a savvy collector, I would scoop up whatever pages I can afford now. In the near future, these things will be commanding V for Vendetta prices.

Hey Y -

Are you shillin' or illin'?

Only half joking.

- A

I have a question about the art of this series. I see some pages for sale marked "from the Absolute Edition"... Now I'm not talking about pin-ups or extras but regular action pages.

Does this mean that these are pages only found in the Absolute Edition and not in the comics/TPBs or where almost all pages redrawn for the Absolute Edition and are there 5 copies of most pages ? (shrug)

Thanks for the comments!

I have a question about the art of this series. I see some pages for sale marked "from the Absolute Edition"... Does this mean that these are pages only found in the Absolute Edition and not in the comics/TPBs

That's right.

with regard to Darwyn's New Frontier stuff, this is still the 'ground floor' regarding his prices. As many will agree, this was ground-breaking work that transcended all ages and several mediums. Trust me, this is still the low end regarding prices on Darwyn's artwork

I totally agree.