• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Wolverine LTD #1

17 posts in this topic

Rounded corners but will still grade high. 9.4-9.6 for sure.

Actually the scan doesn't do it justice. The corners a square and sharp.

I've never slabbed anything before and I hear a lot of problems about shipping to and from Canada. Opinions? If I ever sold it, it would be probably be a face to face transaction so should I bother? Let the buyer examine it himself raw?

whitey

Got to go 9.2-9.4 on this one.

That lower rear spine corner, and rear top page corner, loose it all right there. Plus overall it doesn't yell razor sharp.

With thousands of these through their hands, CGC goes to the utmost limits of grading on these bad boys.

That lower rear spine corner, and rear top page corner, loose it all right there. Plus overall it doesn't yell razor sharp.

With thousands of these through their hands, CGC goes to the utmost limits of grading on these bad boys.

I suspected as much. That's why I'll probably not submit and just keep it raw till the day I find the right buyer.

Thanks for the comments

Rounded corners but will still grade high. 9.4-9.6 for sure.

Actually the scan doesn't do it justice. The corners a square and sharp.

I've never slabbed anything before and I hear a lot of problems about shipping to and from Canada. Opinions? If I ever sold it, it would be probably be a face to face transaction so should I bother? Let the buyer examine it himself raw?

whitey

On the issue of assessing the grade of this comic, I'm gonna have to agree with brasseye - CGC will be super-tight with respect to grading this one - given the volume through their doors.

Also what is the mark on the BC just above the words MAN ENOUGH? Is that moisture damage or a scan defect?

On the issue of submitting for grading....why not?

It would depend on why you want to get it graded.....for yourself? or to sell on?

For yourself....great!!!!

To sell on....you bought it for 60c in '82....add in the cost of grading and shipping to /from Florida (providing you are not submitting just this book)...it would have to be graded an 8.0 for you to make any profit...most of the feedback you've had from the board says it'll be at least a 9.2.

As for shipping problems between Canada and the US. I live in the UK and have never had any problems with CGC in terms of shipping to and fro from the UK to the US

Hope this helps.

actually, i hadn't considered that - i guess there are a bazillion copies out there - although i'm not sure why that should matter.......... (shrug)

9.6/9.8 beauty book

gotta agree with this assessment...and i don't see no stinkin' rounded corners... :grin:

:sumo: round, my batooski! :insane:

What I saw:

wlbc-cu.jpg

Hence 9.4-9.6 (although as I said it could be the scan). I sent one looking exactly the same and got a 9.4.