• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Hate These "Mini" Paged Adlard Is Doing

18 posts in this topic

I'll have a chat with Adlard at the NYCC hm

Seriously. I wouldn't object as much if a page that is 35% smaller was priced 35% less then a normal sized page.

But normal page price + "mini" page = :screwy:

On one hand it's killing me not to be able to pick up some of these pages, but on the other hand it's probably saved me a small fortune......

You're right, there are a dozen people that would have bought that the day it was posted on the site if not for the out of balance size vs. price. Another nice "head trauma" page. :cloud9:

Something like 8.5x12. He's doing it so he can keep up and get an issue done every 30 days. Some artists that color digitally do it also (Templesmith) but for a B&W book it just seems lazy to me. Not to mention the fact that I don't think he's even drawing anything else right now...

I'd love to add this page to my "head trauma" collection, but I just can't do the $225 for a "mini" page.

I say if you see a great page you like, grab it while you can :) Walking Dead is a very important series in the comic book industry, and I think it will stand the test of time - the graphic novel sales are crazy for an independent black and white comic - the originals will be sought after more and more as time goes on - Adlard's current original interiors are smaller, but in the end they're still one of a kind pieces of artwork - I wouldn't avoid buying a page because of the size, especially during it's most important story arc to date!

I say if you see a great page you like, grab it while you can :)...

I gotta say, I agree. It's not perfect, but ultimately, it is one-of-a-kind. It's not like there's a bigger version out there. Art used to be twice-up (14"X22"). So 11"X17" was "mini" at some point as well.

Tell Adlard how you feel. Who knows, he might go back to regular-size art board to keep collectors happy. In the meantime, if it's a page you love, don't let the smaller size stop you. Just my 2 cents.

Well, this is one of those smaller OA pages, but it wasn't priced as crazily as his currnet stuff.....

it was only $150, and for a full page splash, was a STEAL, imho! :)

th_WalkingDeadCharlieAdlardissue39page.jpg

My Walking Dead back cover is on a smaller board but you cant really tell once framed since its such a big single image. Currently the only small page I own... thanfully the covers are done on 11x17