• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Strange Tales Annual 2

11 posts in this topic

Front cover is really nice. No creases or bends. The main problem is the 1" spine split at the bottom. Also a small amount at the top of spine. Mostly wear there.

Back cover is good with some tanning and a few nicks at the bottom.

Pages are off white.

strangetalesannual2front.jpg

strangetalesannual2back.jpg

:o a 3.0. Come on guys that is the small piece peeled up. I have seen 4.5 that had the front cover trashed with creases. Wow I was thinking around a Fine. (shrug)

i would agree that at a quick glance this might fall in the 5.0 - 6.0 range, primarily due to the top and bottom spine corners, the long readers crease on the spine (which gets progressively worse as you move downward, and the Tear/crease on the right edge FC.

But as Aces pointed out, when viewed from the back cover the book looks like it was dipped in some sort of liquid (can't really figure out what went wrong here as there are no definitive moisture stains lines) and I'm thinking it drops to around a 4.0.

so it look like a 5.0-6.0 but it isn't IMHO - gotta grade the entire book......... :sorry:

:o a 3.0. Come on guys that is the small piece peeled up. I have seen 4.5 that had the front cover trashed with creases. Wow I was thinking around a Fine. (shrug)

The spine splits alone would unfortunately take this out of contention for a Fine.

I want to lean 4.0/4.5 based on the quite nice eye appeal, but that lower left corner just looks really bashed. Given the various spine issues, I have to agree with the consensus of a strict 3.5. Just maybe a weak 4.0.

Still a cool book!