• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lexington April 5th/ Gem City Con April 6th weekend

63 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I am going to be doing both of these shows. I would love to sell some books, so you guys come out and spend some bucks. I don't know how Lexington will be, but I know I used to have several pretty good customers there and it is a great town. I have not done Gem City before, but hear it is a pretty good show. If anyone would like to make some requests for me to bring to the show, I will do my best. Thanks

Dale Roberts

Hey guys. I am going to be doing both of these shows. I would love to sell some books, so you guys come out and spend some bucks. I don't know how Lexington will be, but I know I used to have several pretty good customers there and it is a great town. I have not done Gem City before, but hear it is a pretty good show. If anyone would like to make some requests for me to bring to the show, I will do my best. Thanks

Dale Roberts

Unless they moved the lexington show to a bigger room, it's like 15 tables or something, very small. Now gem city is very nice and just about all comics so very good buying show. I can provide you some breaks Dale at lexington as I will be hanging around all day waiting on the kirkster.

Dale Roberts

Unless they moved the lexington show to a bigger room, it's like 15 tables or something, very small. Now gem city is very nice and just about all comics so very good buying show. I can provide you some breaks Dale at lexington as I will be hanging around all day waiting on the kirkster.

Lexington should be a pretty good show for the size. I have 6 tables there and I believe comic book world is setting up as well. Not sure who else, but there should be ALOT of old books for a small show. Probably too many.

hopefully, they were sold out when I inquired about a table. Last year there were quite a few empties, so here's to a packed show.

I will be at Gem City. A very good local show with 1300 people attending.

bring some pins to show :wishluck:

I'll have the show exclusive thats shown in my sig line and Lucky Day. Show exclusive is limited to 125. So get it early. Lots more in the pipeline for Chicago.

Cat and I are heading to Gem City, coming in Saturday and spending the night at the hotel, then hanging at the show until midafternoon or so. I hope to do some trading with John Haines (sp?), he showed some interest in seeing my high grade Four Colors last time we ran into each other. Look for the big guy in the ugly hawaiian shirt and brown fedora. If you show up Saturday night I'll buy you a beer at the hotel bar!

Well, since my name is being taken in vain, I might as well chime in:

(1) I'll be at Gem City but not Lexington.

(2) Dale, bring as much high grade Bronze as you usually do and that will be great!

(3) Rick, I'll bring my 4-color want list. That series has a bunch of 1st apps that I need (I am the guy that bought the Ruff and Ready 1st H-B slab from you :foryou:)

(4) Buck, save me a pin, brotha. I still owe you big time for saving me from buying some of those "back cover disasters" at Mid-Ohio!

(5) Everyone else, this is a surprisingly good buying show. I scored some really sweet raw books that are now really sweet slabs or really really sweet SS slabs. :cloud9:

--S.

I just picked up a low grade Four Color #82 (I think), it is the first Lone Ranger book. Might be #92, I can't really remember.

I will bring my bronze to the show, 16 boxes of CGC books, 31 boxes of High Grade Silver Age, 5 boxes of GA, 4 boxes of Pre Code horror, and maybe some high grade mags. Got to work out the space/boxes ratio, but with 6 tables, should have enough room for just about whatever.

Just picked up some really cool stuff on Friday, including about a box of high grade Silver/Bronze, about a mag box of golden age stuff including alot of Fiction House, some ECs, some Fox GGA books, and some really high grade Westerns. Of the Silver/Bronze, picked up a solid copy of Marvel Spotlight #5, Ghost Rider #1(which I will probably get certified), GR #2-8, a nice FF #52, 50, some high grade X-Men, a virtually perfect set of X-Men #94 - 142(which I will be submitting a good portion that I think will get 9.6 or higher), some really pretty Superboy and the Legion issues, really nice Nick Fury #1-5, a few nice Spider-mans, and really just a bunch of stuff.

Plus I picked up a few Timely's last week, some slabbed, some raw.

I may be dragging my daughters to the Lexington show as its only an hour away. As usual, looking for UHG Avengers, Defenders, and Marvel Team Up so bring what you have.

I'll be wearing something ECU Pirate related both days.

Dale, I might be interested in some legion stuff depending on what I need.

I already have those processed. So they will be in inventory. I actually read some of those issues as I was processing them. Man, what a great series, even starting in the early issues which are backups in the Superboy book. Cockrum, Grell, Starlin, even Staton wasn't horrible. Really pretty good stories too.