• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tintin cover breaks a mil?

63 posts in this topic

Wow, I knew the Herge market was strong but had no idea it was this strong... according to a poster on comicart-l a cover just sold for 650k Euros..... anyone have any info on this? Thoughts on impact if any?

Wow, I knew the Herge market was strong but had no idea it was this strong... according to a poster on comicart-l a cover just sold for 650k Euros..... anyone have any info on this? Thoughts on impact if any?

No info on this particular story, but Belgo-Franco art is sold for LOT more than US comic art... I can't stand the stuff and get ridiculed by my own countrymen for collecting the "inferior" US product (both comics and art) :tonofbricks:

So does this mean that a Belgian page is now the most expensive piece of comic art in the world ? hm

And everyone called 'Krazy Kat' Krazy.

I remember when he was talking about a commodity Bull Run in January 2005.

KRAZY KAT'S 'SPOT ON' PREDICTION of 2005!!!!!!!!

"Actually, 'hard assets' are rapidly appreciating. Gold, commodities and art are all just beginning a bull run while stocks, bonds and other common Wall Street paper is becoming less attractive".

Guy turns out to be a genius.

Go figure.

It's an 1932 oilpainting that was used for the cover of the first print.

herge_couv2.jpg

And everyone called 'Krazy Kat' Krazy.

I remember when he was talking about a commodity Bull Run in January 2005.

KRAZY KAT'S 'SPOT ON' PREDICTION of 2005!!!!!!!!

"Actually, 'hard assets' are rapidly appreciating. Gold, commodities and art are all just beginning a bull run while stocks, bonds and other common Wall Street paper is becoming less attractive".

Guy turns out to be a genius.

Go figure.

AKA Mad Matt, eh Matt?

It's an 1932 oil painting that was used for the cover of the first print.

herge_couv2.jpg

The article says that it is a gouache.

It's an 1932 oil painting that was used for the cover of the first print.

herge_couv2.jpg

The article says that it is a gouache.

Could be... but I got this from another article

A 1932 oil painted for by the Belgian author Herge for the cover of "Tintin in America" is the star item at a one-off sale of 650 comic originals Saturday in Paris

(shrug)

But Hergé is well-known for his comic-strip style in Indian ink and gouache ...so you are probably right

I am the first to admit I dont know the Tintin market at all but is this an extreme example of supply/demand?

Sorry, Steve - I guess you're just going to have to accept that Frazetta is no longer top dog around these parts. :P:baiting:

And, boy, I can't wait for the Mods to clear up this latest KrazyKat infection. :sick:

I am the first to admit I dont know the Tintin market at all but is this an extreme example of supply/demand?

Sorry, Steve - I guess you're just going to have to accept that Frazetta is no longer top dog around these parts. :P:baiting:

And, boy, I can't wait for the Mods to clear up this latest KrazyKat infection. :sick:

But weren`t you saying recently that the OA for Action 1 (if it existed) wouldn`t break $1 million? :baiting:

But weren`t you saying recently that the OA for Action 1 (if it existed) wouldn`t break $1 million? :baiting:

I think we were talking about the cover and I said that it probably wouldn't fetch as much as the best copy of the published comic book. I stand by that. And, no, just because Tintin broke $1 million, I don't think it's a slam-dunk that the Action #1 cover would. (shrug)

What does this have to do with my previous post, anyway? (shrug) I'm starting to get the feeling that you're trolling me. :P:baiting::makepoint: