• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where should I buy stuff for original art?

10 posts in this topic

Since I have am practically done witht the MTU comic series in solid NM. I have decided to pick up MTU original art whenever possible and have already picked up a few pieces. My question is...where should I go to buy the "mylars" or whatever you call them for these 11 X 17 pieces, since the ones that they come with are pretty old???

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Just pick up an Itoya portfolio. They're archival, relatively cheap and make it easy to look at/ show off your collection. You can find them in practically any good art store.

http://www.itoya.com/Catalogs/Profolio/Profolio_html/Art_profolio_Evolution.htm

Hrm...they're polypropylene. Does that mean that polyproplyene is okay for storing comics as long as they are PH-neutral? If so...do they even make it PH-neutral? I never really understood what was so bad about it besides the acid.

Why the fascination with Marvel Team-up? Does it hold a special childhood memory? And when do you plan on completing the collection (besides the typical "Never!")? I have the absurd image of John Byrne's crygoencially frozen body in the MTU vault circa 2040 or so. grin.gif

Why the fascination with Marvel Team-up? Does it hold a special childhood memory? And when do you plan on completing the collection (besides the typical "Never!")? I have the absurd image of John Byrne's crygoencially frozen body in the MTU vault circa 2040 or so. grin.gif

I am an X-men fan at heart, most notably Byrne X-men!!! What got me going on MTU's was when I first discovered the connection that MTU #53 had with John Byrne and the X-men. cloud9.gif After that it was all over! The breath taking covers & the fact that you could pick up almost any individual book from that run and not be lost are a few factors that made me a die hard MTU fan! cloud9.gif Since I am almost done with the comic series in true NM condition, I plan on picking up art pieces here and there whenever they show up. flowerred.gif

Think there is still a vendor on eBay under orig. comic art that sells bulk art sized mylar 10 for $30 US + postage. Good quality, speedy service even to Canada. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My 2nd original art purchase was from this guy. tongue.gif He mentioned that he had more, so .... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I found some portfolios not too far from my home and I would have to say that the original art looks sweet in these things cloud9.gif Since ebay has crippled me...I guess I am going to go the original art route for the majority of my future purchases tongue.gif

Thanks Rob for the sound advice.

flowerred.gif