• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

collection of 100,000 books about to be offered

296 posts in this topic

I view CGC through rose colored glasses ;)

If not for them, I would have never made the amount of $$ I have made so far :D

I am sure most collectors feel the same. Lets be honest, HG CGC books will get you multiples of guide.

Guys, these comments are really unwarranted and this thread should be pulled before the rest of the lynch mob joins in. doh!

Do any of you know Steve Ritter? Have any of you ever met him, or done business with him? Totally ridiculous... doh!

I have, and I'll say it again--he's one of the good guys, a real straight shooter.

It just seems you never post unless it is either to:

a: Slam pressing (which is ok as you disagree with it)

b:Take a shot at CGC

c:Post some graphic which revolves around either a or b

d:Some combination of a and b together.

You must've missed my excellent 'video game' idea posted earlier. CLICK :)

Or it might be...

a: There's not as much pro/con balance to the boards since many posters have left or been evicted. Anything the slightest 'con' sticks out now and seems repetitive.

b: Anything that's not all blue skies and sunshine is "taking a shot at CGC"

c: You're hypersensitive since 'the debate is over' for you and think questioning-type conversation is either 'a shill' or 'beating a dead horse'.

d:Some combination of a, b or c together.

touche

Issue I see is that you dont seem (unless im missing it :shy:) about anything other than what I outlined above.

Not hypersensitive, een though i have no issue with pressing i can understand that others do and respect that.

CGC has its issues, but to me, they dont seem to be as glaring or sinister as they seem to be to you

It's all about balance. Not everyone sports rose-colored glasses....nor do they have any intention to do so. Davenport has contributed a great deal to these forums, and I'm glad he posts what he does.

so are you inferring that I do Chris?

I have no idea where you're coming from..... (shrug)

It could easily be assumed that from your statement that wear the Rose-Colored glasses.

It's all about balance. Not everyone sports rose-colored glasses....nor do they have any intention to do so. Davenport has contributed a great deal to these forums, and I'm glad he posts what he does.

Thanks. :) But Arexcrooke is probably about 80% right (I do post information if someone's asking a question and I can help out...).

I'm biased and I know it.

When I first discovered comic book messageboards I was thrilled whenever someone posted a heads-up that helped me protect myself in the marketplace. 'Hype' was readily available for staying in touch with 'the fun'. Comics being 'fun' was a no-brainer (or I wouldn't be a fan), but I had no idea the level of sophisticated alteration techniques available. Information like that was so refreshing and educational to me. It kept me coming back.

And I know it gets old, and I think there's probably enough info on the web now where a new collector could educate/protect themselves somewhat, if they chose to. (It's scatted all over the place, but out there if you look)

On the other hand I still think (a) someone using Ewertesque-style techniques today would just have a field day, and (b) the level of alterations-sophistication has risen to match the dollars involved.

So a little balance shouldn't hurt... :foryou:

But where is the "balance" of other types of posting? Posting on other topics? Posting in other areas or on other topics that dont revolve around Pressing or Matt Nelson?

I dont think opposing opinions are bad. They need to be there. I just think our perspectives are different and we see things differently.