• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Silver Surfer #1

11 posts in this topic

Originally purchased this one as NM from Robert Bell about 35 years ago. Besides the corner crease it has a 1/2 - 3/4" spine split that I would swear mostly materialized on its own during storage over the last 20 years. Otherwise this book would be close to a VF-. Trying to decide whether this should make my first CGC submission. Does anyone think these defects would result in a grade much below 4.0? :)

Larger FC: http://www.pbase.com/bjorn_b/image/94869863/original.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Thanks for all the opinions! I tend to agree it is a textbook 4.0 to 4.5 on a good day. Only reason I am considering grading is that I think the book is key enough that if I ever decide to sell no buyer would have to guess whether I am grading if fairly. Just don't want to be surprised with a really low ball grade.

That spine split is a grade killer. 3.5-4.0 because of it.

I have to say, though, that's about the best 4.0 you could hope for in alot of respects. My SS1 has a similiar spine split and you can't really tell in the mylar from a distance so it displays pretty nicely.