• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT, which do you buy, PS3 or Xbox 360?

94 posts in this topic

Actually the 60 GB PS3 is the best one to get for maximum backwards compatibility.

doh!doh!doh!

Yeah, and please loan us your time machine to get a brand new one retail.

I can help you find one if you really want one. They are getting hard to find but not impossible....yet.

I'm interested in one. :foryou:

You could always use Ebay, but you'd have to shell out $600+ for a new one.

Xbox all day long.

The games are not identical between the 360 and the PS3 - and the online service is vastly inferior on the PS3. Yes its free, and you can tell.

That may be true, but the fact that you're lucky to get 100 hours out of your 360 before it "bricks" kind of outweighs everything else. lol

they have addressed that issue. launch consoles had an obscene failure rate. mine failed i got it replaced in two weeks for free with free DHL shipping. I think they have a 3 year warranty against this defect now. I bought a 2nd console last year and it has hundreds of hours of play on it with no problem whatsoever.

Microsoft did shoot themselves in the foot by launching a system with serious shortcomings. They have taken a hit from it over the last year. The new consoles being made are much sturdier. It's all a by product of rushing out the sytem a year ahead of the others.

No use, as the 80GB model is better-built, runs a bit cooler, has a bigger HD and plays all the PS2 games I want, and about 90% total.

The only way I'd buy a 60GB is at the same price or lower.

Actually the 60 GB PS3 is the best one to get for maximum backwards compatibility.

doh!doh!doh!

Yeah, and please loan us your time machine to get a brand new one retail.

I can help you find one if you really want one. They are getting hard to find but not impossible....yet.

I'm interested in one. :foryou:

$600+?

Yeah....no thanks. :tonofbricks:

I bought a 2nd console last year and it has hundreds of hours of play on it with no problem whatsoever.

I was exaggerating a little bit, but you're still one of the lucky ones. Believe it or not, the failure rate on the Elites(launched last April) is still astronomical.

Honestly, it if was only the launch systems, I'd be recommending the 360 to gamers all day long. But the failure rates are still high, even with the new "Falcon" motherboard. :(

I am trying to decide which to buy. I am leaning towards the PS3 becuase it can act as a blueray player for movies but it seems the Xbox has more games available. It would be for me and my 5 year old son. I am not even considering the Wii because I don't like the games on it. I know there are a lot of gamers here so I would love opinions.

With all this discussion about PS3s I'd skip it and grab a 360.

I bought a 2nd console last year and it has hundreds of hours of play on it with no problem whatsoever.

I was exaggerating a little bit, but you're still one of the lucky ones. Believe it or not, the failure rate on the Elites(launched last April) is still astronomical.

Honestly, it if was only the launch systems, I'd be recommending the 360 to gamers all day long. But the failure rates are still high, even with the new "Falcon" motherboard. :(

truthfully i don't follow it really close but i know they have addressed the issue and i believe a cooler running system is on the way. I can say i was pleased with the service on my replacement it really couldn't have been speedier or smoother so it's obvious microsoft knows the seriousness of the issue. If something does go wrong i can vouch they will take care of you but i agree it's not a substitute for putting out a quality product from the get-go!

I think it all depends how bad you want a Blu Ray player. If you're planning on buying a Blu Ray player, you may as well get the PS3. It's the cheapest/highest quality Blu Ray player available.

As far as gaming goes, the XBox 360 is a ton better. The games are better, there's more of them, and the online component is a ton better too.

Pretty cut and dry at least from my perspective.

How many games does PS3 actually have out now??

Good ones?: 0

Resistance Fall of Man, Call of Duty 4, and Drake's Fortune are all really good games. My kid really likes Devil May Cry 4 but I haven't played it...

Jim

08 Exclusives:

Banjo Kazooie

Warhound

Infinate Undiscovery

Tales of Vesperia

Halo Wars

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

Ninja Gaiden 2

Peter Jacksons Halo Project

Mass Effect 2

Gears Of War 2

PS3

Killzone 2

Haze

Little Big Planet

Socom

Resistance 2

GT5 prologue

Infamous

White Knight Story

Tekken 6

The Agency

Eight Days

The Getaway

MGS4

Not to mention 360s already amazing line up. Buy a console for the purpose its made for, TO PLAY GAMES. (but but teh blu ray) 2c