• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Comic Want ad on Craigslist...

21 posts in this topic

This is an interesting Want Ad from Craigslist.org.

Wanted: Mint copies of the following:

Daredevil #190

Swamp Thing #25

Swamp Thing #37

I think I know why he wants these...

Why do you think he's after these specific comics?

He stashed pictures of his naked girlfriend in those issues years ago when they came out then he ended up selling his collection only to remember many years later on the eve of his wedding to said girlfriend that the pictures existed and now he's trying to buy every copy of these books he can find in a vain attemp to keep the pictures off of the home page of AmatureSnatch.com? confused-smiley-013.gif

Swamp Thing #25 = John Constantine 1 panel cameo. Is there a Hellblazer movie in the works? confused.gif

Yes. With Keanu Reeves attached as John Constantine... so I'm not optimistic.

The Daredevil 190 one is Elektra: Resurrection so I'm assuming it ties into the Elektra spin-off movie as well.

Could this guy be onto something though?

First appearance (cameo) of John Constantine is Swamp Thing #25, not #37. Is that how it's listed in Overstreet? (I don't have mine handy right now.)

ST025Constantine.gif

i hope DD 190 goes throught the roof, i have like 15 NM/MT copies. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I bet you could put together 100 NM copies of that book in no more than a week or two. All of those later Miller issues are available in QUANTITY.

well Swamp Thing 37 is the first Hellblazer.

I have one copy of this book !!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I bought it in U.K during a trip with my school... It was in the 80's. It should be a Fine/Very Fine now...

Somebody know what 's the price of this comic ?

Could this guy be onto something though?

First appearance (cameo) of John Constantine is Swamp Thing #25, not #37. Is that how it's listed in Overstreet? (I don't have mine handy right now.)

ST025Constantine.gif

25 is listed in the Overstreet as John Constantine 1-panel cameo & 37 is listed as 1st app. JC (Hellblazer). Keanu Reeves is a big box office draw, it could do well, but there are tons of hg 37s around.

25 is listed in the Overstreet as John Constantine 1-panel cameo & 37 is listed as 1st app. JC (Hellblazer). Keanu Reeves is a big box office draw, it could do well, but there are tons of hg 37s around.

I wouldn't call 18 copies "tons"!

I wouldn't call 18 copies "tons"!

I wasn't referring to strictly slabbed. But looking at the slabbed numbers........43 slabbed in total. 41 9.0 or higher (95% of all submissions). 31 9.4 or higher (72% of all submissions). Expect more to be CGC'd if a movie is announced. There are tons of these in hg. Trust me. tongue.gif

I picked up a #37 early this year for $10.

I don't know why OS would list that as a first app. Yes, the guy looks like Constantine, but he doesn't speak, he isn't called anything, he's just there. Did Moore ever say that, Yes, that is John Constantine?

Chris

I don't know why OS would list that as a first app. Yes, the guy looks like Constantine, but he doesn't speak, he isn't called anything, he's just there. Did Moore ever say that, Yes, that is John Constantine?

From a fan site ..

Although #37 is credited as being the first appearance of John Constantine, here he is! (Panel at right) Artist Steve Bissette says that he and inker John Totleben told writer Alan Moore that they would continue to draw this guy who looked like Sting into the book, so Alan used him to create the character of Constantine. Like Constantine, Sting has had experiences in Newcastle.

ST025Constantine.gif